#21 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:40 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jthrasherphoto.com
    this is exactly right. When a couple orders the digital negatives from me, they can make prints, order books with them, whatever. They just can't sell them to anyone who might want them for an advertisement, or submit them for publishing without consent and credit.

You might check with your photographer who took your engagement photos to see if they offer any type of guest book. They are pretty easy to do and can be produced for not to much money so it probably wouldn't be to expensive.

Otherwise, you should be able to use your photos and use a company like sharedink.com or shutterfly.com

thank you all for your help!

#22 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:53 PM

:chiming in late (sleeping just always gets in the way- lol):

JT & Jessalyn are right- I have made 2 photobooks, but I paid extra for the rights to my photos. I own DVD's of my wedding, engagement, and b-pics so I make whatever I want with my photos. Like JT said- as long as you're not selling them, you can make your photobooks, prints, etc...

By the way, I have a friend that just got married in Hershey PA as a DW and she made a photobook out of her engagement pics to be used as a guestbook- it turned out awesome! She just made the pics medium-sized with white around the edges for the guests to write on.

#23 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:55 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
        :chiming in late (sleeping just always gets in the way- lol):

JT & Jessalyn are right- I have made 2 photobooks, but I paid extra for the rights to my photos. I own DVD's of my wedding, engagement, and b-pics so I make whatever I want with my photos. Like JT said- as long as you're not selling them, you can make your photobooks, prints, etc...

By the way, I have a friend that just got married in Hershey PA as a DW and she made a photobook out of her engagement pics to be used as a guestbook- it turned out awesome! She just made the pics medium-sized with white around the edges for the guests to write on.
        that is what I'm trying to do, I thought it would be a great idea~ I didn't think it would be this complicated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users