Jump to content

Photo

Gifts That Don't Suck


  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 volosikj

volosikj
  • Jr. Member
  • 200 posts

    Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:11 PM

    I was thinking of doing koozies too for the OOT bags. Can anyone post photo's of the stadium cups or koozies they've done with places they ordered from? I can't find anything for just 50 people that is reasonably priced and cute!

    #42 Raykel

    Raykel
    • Jr. Member
    • 489 posts

      Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:48 PM

      I am having the same problem. Does anyone have a suggestion where I can order bags from? I have 32 officially confirmed, with 10 more in the works, plus kids. I want to put together fun OOT bags but I don't want to spend all my budget on bags!

      #43 laurabrea78

      laurabrea78
      • Newbie
      • 40 posts

        Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

        Has anyone done flipflops as favors?

        I was thinking of asking for shoes sizes on the RSVPs ...thinking it may be useful and not a waste. You can get them at old navy for $2.50...thoughts?

        #44 TeNeil

        TeNeil
        • Jr. Member
        • 192 posts

          Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

          I agree......don't waste money or time on gifts that suck!
          For our DW: OOT bags with mugs and other random items for the trip
          For our AHR: homemade carmel popcorn balls with our monogram sticker on the bag

          The ONLY gift that I have ever used from a wedding was food.
          Great thread by the way!

          #45 hockeymom97

          hockeymom97
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,458 posts

            Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:40 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by maryyy
            I also did OOT bags, with a lot of useful stuff in it. It was a hit!
            I also gave hand fans to my guest and they used them all week long. It was a hit too!

            For our AHR, we did Jelly Belly in our wedding colours and we made a donation to the Alzheimer Society of Canada. DH grandmother suffered of Alzheimer and passed away to months ago, so it was our way to remember her. People loved it too.
            I love the Jelly Belly idea! I think I may have to borrow that idea :)

            One thing that I was thinking of putting in our OOT bags, and that I haven't seen mentioned yet, is a CD with some of our wedding music. I was thinking of picking a dozen or so of our favorites and putting them on a CD and printing a custom CD label. What do you guys think?
            Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

            #46 FutureMrsRell

            FutureMrsRell
            • Newbie
            • 82 posts

              Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:04 AM

              For our AHR we are getting a Photo Booth. We get to put a message (Prob our names and the date?) on the bottom of the strip of pictures so I thought that would work great for a "favor"! I hate stupid favors too! Still wondering what I'll do for the wedding in Mexico...

              #47 futuremrsgoodrich

              futuremrsgoodrich
              • Jr. Member
              • 361 posts

                Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:23 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Raykel
                I am having the same problem. Does anyone have a suggestion where I can order bags from? I have 32 officially confirmed, with 10 more in the works, plus kids. I want to put together fun OOT bags but I don't want to spend all my budget on bags!
                the best/cheapest I found was 99c for natural canvas bags (they had cheaper) at Promotional tote bags custom sizes and styles from cheap totes now with t-shirts and screen printing

                They arrived yesterday and are perfect. I am going to iron on something to each bag

                #48 futuremrsgoodrich

                futuremrsgoodrich
                • Jr. Member
                • 361 posts

                  Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:38 PM

                  So far our bags have

                  ---shell bottle stopper (not personalized)- this is the favor to be in your drawer at home forever.
                  --- sun lotion (its much more expensive on an island and dollaer tree had high spf for $1 each recently)
                  --- disposable camera (we got refurbished ones off of the knot for cheap)
                  --- small candle in a tin with personalized matches (there are lots of couples coming with us and I thought a romantic all inclusive maybe some magic might be made (oriental trading and the knot)
                  --- engraved fans (I just love these, I read that someones group used the a lot- to be honest I just think they are so dainty and cute) (the knot)
                  --- motrin/emergen-c/bug wipes (for hangovers and bug repellent) (amazon)
                  --- bubbles (knot)
                  --- palm tree pens (oriental trading)
                  --- planning on making up a little booklet with sudoku, wedding and football (we r getting married superbowl weekend and I am marrying a sports junkie), Jamaican Patios translations
                  ---beach toy goodie bags for the kids (we will have 10 with us- got lots of fun stuff off of oriental trading)
                  --- playing cards (beach monkey themed, oriental trading they were cheap)

                  We made CDs of reggae music for all of the guests that will get sent out a few weeks before we leave, along with an itinerary etc.

                  Still considering pashimas, little bottles of jamaican rum, and am planning on getting some stadium cups for everyone, including for the guests at home. Food is not needed for us as we at an AI.

                  BM and MOH will have first aid kits for sunburn etc.

                  Also making a phone tree for just in case we need to contact everyone while we are there (63? guests so far)

                  I havent put it all together yet, the total is up to about $350 for 34 bags. (without the stadium cups which will be $$)... hoping they look adequate.

                  #49 Raykel

                  Raykel
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 489 posts

                    Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:46 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by futuremrsgoodrich
                    the best/cheapest I found was 99c for natural canvas bags (they had cheaper) at Promotional tote bags custom sizes and styles from cheap totes now with t-shirts and screen printing

                    They arrived yesterday and are perfect. I am going to iron on something to each bag
                    These look like they will be perfect! Thanks, the best I have found were going to run me around $2 each. Quick question now that you have these...are the big enough that if someone wants to throw their towel in with the sunscreen and a bottle of water and take off for the afternoon it will work? That is really my concern...I want people to be able to use them if they are leaving the resort for the day on a tour or something.

                    #50 Raykel

                    Raykel
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 489 posts

                      Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:52 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by futuremrsgoodrich
                      So far our bags have

                      ---shell bottle stopper (not personalized)- this is the favor to be in your drawer at home forever.
                      --- sun lotion (its much more expensive on an island and dollaer tree had high spf for $1 each recently)
                      --- disposable camera (we got refurbished ones off of the knot for cheap)
                      --- small candle in a tin with personalized matches (there are lots of couples coming with us and I thought a romantic all inclusive maybe some magic might be made (oriental trading and the knot)
                      --- engraved fans (I just love these, I read that someones group used the a lot- to be honest I just think they are so dainty and cute) (the knot)
                      --- motrin/emergen-c/bug wipes (for hangovers and bug repellent) (amazon)
                      --- bubbles (knot)
                      --- palm tree pens (oriental trading)
                      --- planning on making up a little booklet with sudoku, wedding and football (we r getting married superbowl weekend and I am marrying a sports junkie), Jamaican Patios translations
                      ---beach toy goodie bags for the kids (we will have 10 with us- got lots of fun stuff off of oriental trading)
                      --- playing cards (beach monkey themed, oriental trading they were cheap)

                      We made CDs of reggae music for all of the guests that will get sent out a few weeks before we leave, along with an itinerary etc.

                      Still considering pashimas, little bottles of jamaican rum, and am planning on getting some stadium cups for everyone, including for the guests at home. Food is not needed for us as we at an AI.

                      BM and MOH will have first aid kits for sunburn etc.

                      Also making a phone tree for just in case we need to contact everyone while we are there (63? guests so far)

                      I havent put it all together yet, the total is up to about $350 for 34 bags. (without the stadium cups which will be $$)... hoping they look adequate.
                      Sorry for the second post! I forgot to ask....It is cold here now and I cannot find any fun kids beach stuff anywhere! Are you happy with the beach balls and stuff from oriental? Which ones did you order?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users