Photo

Gifts That Don't Suck

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 ssleenyc

ssleenyc
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:21 PM

I am struggling to find what favors/gifts to give our guests. I haven't really seen anything that seems useful or nice. As a guest to many weddings, I really have no use for something with someone's name and date on it. I hate to say that but its true. Does anyone have any ideas of things that don't suck?

#2 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
    • 5,466 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:24 PM

hahah alot of people give OOT bags for their guests to use while on the vacation. A bag to carry all their beach gear, a travel mug to keep drinks cold, medication packs (advil, pepto etc), lip balm with spf.. you will find alot of info on here.

#3 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,853 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:27 PM

Instead of doing wedding favors we hired a guy to come to our wedding and roll cigars for everyone. It was a huge hit.
        Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#4 EDRBride2009

EDRBride2009
        • 278 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:45 PM

I'm doing Jelly Belly jelly beans in my wedding colors. I'm also doing OOT bags.

#5 Banana11

Banana11
          • VIP Member
          • 8,841 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:48 PM

We gave everyone personalized luggage tags and they were a hit. We also gave them on board credit to be used on the cruise for things like drinks, entertainment, pictures, food, etc. Maybe your resort offers gift certificates they could use? I was the receipient of an OOT bag and got tons of use out of the bag itself. It was a great beach bag and I still use it to this day!

#6 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,369 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:54 PM

We did OOT beach bags with, snacks, Tylenol, hand sanitizer and a bottle of wine (But we ended up having our wedding more local) We also gave out mints at dinner.

#7 mexicana bride

mexicana bride
              • 165 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:14 PM

We're doing OOT bags filled with first aid stuff, mints, stainless steel travel mug, lottery tickets, mints and puzzle books. We're not putting our logo on anything except the little Welcome and Thank You tags. For the favors we're giving silver starfish wine bottle stopper.
                Another idea, is you could just do donations for a local charity, and let people know you did that instead of favors.

#8 lil_reeves

lil_reeves
                • 237 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:19 PM

We are doing a donation to a local children's charity in Puerto Vallarta. This is something different but also very special. We are going to print out little cards with the charities logo and our guests names.

It's a nice way to say "Thank You" and support the community that provided you with the wedding of your dreams!

#9 VioletVol

VioletVol
                  • 151 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:06 PM

Most favors are totally cheesey, I agree! I am doing OOT bags with useful stuff. I LOVE the cigar idea, I think that is much better than a normal favor. Candy is always good too--at least you know it won't get tossed out. :) For my AHR we're giving out stadium cups for everyone to use and keep. I'm still not 100% sure about this, but it is the only thing my fiance' has requested, so I'm doing it for him. He figures people will keep a cup more than a random favor. Who knows, but at least it serves a purpose that night (and on the beach).

#10 BahiaBride16

BahiaBride16
                    • 114 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:09 PM

We are doing personalized luggage tags as the favor and also doing OOT Bags, with a puzzle book, pen, tylenol, tums, mini first aid kit, hand sanitizer wipes, deck of cards, drink mug and snacks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users