Photo

Thank You Cards

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 DWbride09

DWbride09
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:35 AM

What did everyone do (or are planning to do) about thank you cards?
    Did you go conservative and just put a little picture in a thank you card or did you go creative?

We'd like to do something special for those that came to Cuba with us. For the AHR we might just keep it simple. Any ideas?

#2 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
    • 516 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:52 AM

I am planning to use a picture from the wedding as the cover of a thank you card. We are not having an AHR, so that would be different.

#3 eloping789

eloping789
      • 290 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:17 PM

I had ours done at Vistaprint. I ordered a standard postcard and uploaded a wedding photo with our names and wedding date at the bottom and had Thank You! printed on the back side. You can order envelopes to go with them when you check out. They came out beautifully and cost me about $25 I think for 100 with the envelopes and custom design upload.

#4 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
        • 258 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:37 PM

I'm going to bring signs with us that say "thank" and "you" and ask our photographer to take a picture of us holding them. We'll be using that pic as the front image on our thank you cards.

#5 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
          • 612 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:58 AM

This is for the guests that came to the DW, but we were thinking of getting pics of us with each person (from friends camera not photog) and maybe getting one of those magnet frames and putting a photo in that to include with the card...?
            ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
            My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#6 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
            • 5,521 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:11 AM

hello!!! I am making all of my thank you cards! I think it totally personalizes them and really shows how much you appreciate your friends and family. I am totally stoked and will def post pictures when I am finished with them! They will def have a picture of me and FI on the front and prob. holding a "thank you" sign!

#7 Jo 2010

Jo 2010
              • 291 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:24 AM

I just got a thankyou card from a friend of ours and it was excellent - Long skinny textured creamy brown card with a photo from the wedding in sepia tones fading half way down the page - where she was able to write a personal message (their logo and a big pitcure of them and thank you written on the back). They were truley beautiful, and a happy addition to my fridge...

#8 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,490 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:16 AM

I made thank you cards on Vistaprint as well with a collage, just used a postcard. these are the ones I gave to the people who came to mexico with us:
                  Click the image to open in full size.
                  the back says something about joining us in Mexico....

I also made very similar ones for our AHR but they were the folded version, same idea just different pics!

I do though like the idea of making personalized ones. one of my friends just did that for her wedding thank yous and they came out great too!

#9 VioletVol

VioletVol
                  • 151 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:31 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Andi
                    I made thank you cards on Vistaprint as well with a collage, just used a postcard. these are the ones I gave to the people who came to mexico with us:
                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    the back says something about joining us in Mexico....

I also made very similar ones for our AHR but they were the folded version, same idea just different pics!

I do though like the idea of making personalized ones. one of my friends just did that for her wedding thank yous and they came out great too!
                    Gorgeous! I plan on doing something similar and using Vistaprint. I may try to write thank you in the sand and get a pic to see how it turns out. Or just pick out some of our best wedding pics.

#10 MarieSam

MarieSam
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,336 posts
                      • LocationSouthern California

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:43 AM

Andi, you made a gorgeous card!!!! What program did you use to make the collage? I LOVE it and totally plan on doing the same

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users