Wedding is over~ now what to do with my dress~ pics!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:24 PM

So, I wanted to get your opinions. I LOVED my wedding dress. I would sit at home and watch tv in it if I could. So, I'm thinking that I may want to take it to a seamstress and have it shortened to knee length so that I can wear it again and again. I was also thinking I might dye it a different color. But, for some reason there's a part of me that is reluctant to do anything to it, even though that means I probably would never wear it again. The only possibility of wearing it again the way it is now would be if Ron and I ever decided to renew our vows and who knows when we will decide to do that. So, vote and let me know what you think! :)

Here are a couple of pics of the dress.

not me
    Click the image to open in full size.
    not me

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#2 KimmyG

• 520 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:38 PM

Shorten it, then wear the heck out of it every year from Memorial Day through Labor Day!

#3 caribbeanLover

• 1,619 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:51 PM

Shorten it, but don't dye it. It's to pretty and it may not look as good in another color.
        Congrats on being a MRS now!!
        http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
        Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
        Happily ever after...

#4 Ginalyn

• 2,754 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:55 PM

Thats a gorgeous dress! I think you can shorten it and leave it white!

#5 Butterflyf369

• 706 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:57 PM

Your lucky that you can shorten it. I'd do the same. It's so pretty and everytime you wear it, you'll remember the day...

#6 tdmitchell

• 719 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:59 PM

I think You should shorten it and leave it white! What a great dress to work with and make an everyday dress!

#7 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:13 PM

I've been considering dyeing mine. I'm not sure how it will turn out though because it has beads on it.

We are taking anniversary pics while in hawaii for our 2nd anniversary. I've already started shopping for a bright & flowy dress to wear in those pictures. I found my wedding dress in royal blue so I ordered it. But, that got me thinking I could just dye my wedding dress a bright color and wear that.

I think your dress would be really cute short. You could always wear it out on your anniversary.

#8 Vikki

• 807 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:25 PM

I agree, shorten it and wear it again. Especially if you love it (and it looks fabulous on you!)

#9 kpuckrin

• 258 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:25 AM

What a beautiful dress! I think it would look so cute shortened. You'd get your money's worth for sure- it's so practical!

#10 bermduagirl

• 161 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:29 AM

Your dress is gorgeous! I think you should shorten it, but leave it white!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users