Photo

Anyone had an authentic Mayan Ceremony.....?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 taranyc

taranyc
  • 242 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:07 PM

I was hoping you could help me out...

How did all of you get in touch with the people that did your Mayan ceremony? I have been looking everywhere for a way to reach Shaman Marie and Charlie and cannot find anything except a wedding planner that mentions them...did you all go through a wedding planner? Is this a huge added cost?

My fi and I really want something special and more spiritual and everyone has such great things to say about Charlie and Marie.

Any contact info or direction you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
    Tara

#12 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
    • 600 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:06 PM

Tara,
      Your coordinator at Dreams Tulum will know how to contact Charlie. Tulum is a small town and Marie & Charlie are quite famous with the locals.

#13 Micas de Miralls

Micas de Miralls
      • 246 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:20 AM

Besides the mayan wedding ceremony which is the most traditional local culture ceremony...I highly reccomend the Cosmic ceremony ( it's my favourite!!!) the fusion of the 4 directions and 4 earth elements...so touching!!!

#14 HereFishie

HereFishie
        • 386 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:38 AM

We're having a Mayan Ceremony as well. We don't REALLY know what to expect. There's not alot of info on it out there in the internetz. We're super excited though based on what we've seen and read. It will be so unique. Our wedding will be talked about for a long time amongst our friends and family!

#15 taranyc

taranyc
          • 242 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

Thank you so much for the tip...I'm totally going to send the DT wedding team an email. I am sorry in advance if this sounds gauche, but is this a huge added cost? I'm just trying to contain my ever-expanding wedding budget...but this is something I really want.

#16 HereFishie

HereFishie
            • 386 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:18 PM

Ours is $900. Its a symbolic ceremony only so you do have to get legal somehow first :)
              We're doing it here at home

#17 taranyc

taranyc
              • 242 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:42 AM

Thank you. It's so great to know what it is before I invest a ton of time into researching. xoxox, tt

#18 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
                • 600 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:06 PM

Charlie & Marie are only $500. Your wedding package should cover the cost of a symbolic ceremony without any additional cost. I would just ask for them to use Charlie & Marie. There may be other people in Tulum that do this, but the only ones that are any good are Charlie & Marie or Dan Poole.

#19 taranyc

taranyc
                  • 242 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

so, here is the response i got...this doesn't look like marie and charlie.
                    thank you all for your help.

If you want to have Mayan Symbolic Ceremony is necessary that you send an email at this contact :

eventosluz@gmail.com
                    Mayan Ceremony
                    you can get more information at this page please Boda Maya Boda Mistica Eventos Luz

#20 Avens

Avens
                    • 576 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

Has anyone gone this route through the Barcelo Properties?  I would imagine they have someone in particular they always use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users