60 replies to this topic

#21 BlakleyBrideToBe

• 2,115 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:47 AM

Congratulations! You looked beautiful!

#22 ajlbuaxo

• 175 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:01 PM

Congrats and thanks for the review! That is what we are looking into doing as well. except the FI wants to have the steel drum band at the poolside dancing.

#23 Scott-Pierre

• 456 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by TandDJamaica09
        Hi - thank you! You will love the RIU for your special day!
        With the spanx - it really depends on what you want I guess. I wore them during my dress fitting and was hot, so I was considering not wearing them for the wedding. Then once I had spent a few days in the heat of Jamaica, and put on my wedding dress, I decided the spanx were not worth the extra heat. My dress was not super poofy and had 2 lining and the actual dress, but my legs were SO hot during the reception and when taking pictures. The dress just didn't breathe at all, so it was like my legs were in an oven. Once I bustled it for the dinner and dancing, I was even more hot. Nothing unbearable, but definitely hot.
        Here's a thought: I went up to my room to freshen up after pictures and before dinner, and to bustle my dress. You could try wearing the spanx for the ceremony and pictures, but if they get too hot, take them off before the reception. Just an idea.
        And just know - you will look amazing and feel amazing on your wedding day, and you don't need spanx to achieve that! So either way, you'll have a fantastic day!
        Best of luck and let me know if I can answer any other questions.
        Thanks for the advice! My dress is just satin with a lining underneath. I want that illusion of a perfectly smooth waistline Just like you suggested, I was thinking about just wearing the spanx for the ceremony and then ditching them in my room for the reception. I love to dance, so I know I will definitely be hot! Thanks for help and congrats again!

#24 ML YoungLove

ML YoungLove
        • 531 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:38 PM

Great review and beautiful pics! Congrats
          Mrs. Young

#25 Preciousmi811

• 342 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:04 PM

Great post! I love your dress where did you get it? A great deal too on flowers everything looked amazing. Congratulations!!!
            One Love

ClubHotel Riu Negril May 14 2010 wedding date. Anyone want to share a photographer? I am flying my photographer out regardless, if you want to split travel cost let me know!!!!

Password: 12345http://gs105.photobu....are_email_albuhttp://tickers.Ticke...m/ezt...b2f9...

#26 misstrae76

• 217 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:23 PM

Congrats!! What a great review! The pics look wonderful! We are also contemplating on poolside-private vs semi. I would love it poolside but the thought of paying that extra $50 ppp at an all inclusive is what I don't love!

#27 ashly87

• 120 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:58 AM

Congrats, Thanks for sharing!
                "I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream" - Vincent Van Goh

#28 chicklet

• 718 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:38 AM

Nice review and great pics. Wow, do i ever miss jamaica..*lol*

#29 brittxbride

• 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:39 PM

I know it's been awhile since your wedding, but I LOVED your table decorations and was wondering where you got everything from and how you did the glass cylinders with flowers in them? Is that water or that gel? You can email me at: brittanykruciak10@hotmail.com if you don't mind. I'm getting married at the same place on December 18, 2009 so we have less than two months to go!

Thank you and your wedding looked and sounded amazing!!!

#30 angie8119

• 198 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:10 PM

Thanks so much for the great review!!!!! i am so stealing that idea for the tag holders!! For the dj- did you give him cd's or can you give him your ipod? if you didnt bring your own music, did he have a selection for you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users