May 2010 DREAMS TULUM BRIDES

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking and searching the Dreams Tulum sticky thread, I am stressed about what to do regarding decorations for the reception!! I was thinking about buying some lanterns and things from another bride close to me in Charleston. The thing is...is it worth bringing EVERYTHING down in aditional luggage? Is it really that cost effective? We are heading on our honeymoon 2 days after our wedding, and I don't think shipping the items back will be cost effective at all?! I do want our day to be what I envision, but I am concerned about the decorating options that Dreams has to offer, it just doesn't seem like they offer a lot.....It is sooo confusing!!! My main concern are the flowers and centerpieces/paper lanterns. Should I just hire an outside florist or just get another wedding planner from the area to help? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk5576 View Post
After looking and searching the Dreams Tulum sticky thread, I am stressed about what to do regarding decorations for the reception!! I was thinking about buying some lanterns and things from another bride close to me in Charleston. The thing is...is it worth bringing EVERYTHING down in aditional luggage? Is it really that cost effective? We are heading on our honeymoon 2 days after our wedding, and I don't think shipping the items back will be cost effective at all?! I do want our day to be what I envision, but I am concerned about the decorating options that Dreams has to offer, it just doesn't seem like they offer a lot.....It is sooo confusing!!! My main concern are the flowers and centerpieces/paper lanterns. Should I just hire an outside florist or just get another wedding planner from the area to help? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
I was just at dreams and got to spy on a reception. All the couple did was put a couple of simple candles on the tables and little gift boxes on the plates. At Dreams...all of the outdoor reception locations are really nice and don't need a lot of help to make them look good. If you buy lanterns, what if you end up at a location with no place to hang them? My concern is that there are 2 other weddings besides mine on May 7, so I don't want to create an extravagant set up not knowing where I'll end up. Simple, romantic candles on the table and a few flower pieces can go along way.

Hi all- we're booked for Monday, May 17, 2010 at Dreams Tulum- I can't wait! What are everyone's dates?

I'm in the process of looking for a local photographer- and the stick thread is super helpful. I'm also trying to figure out the sound system- i know dreams can provide a speaker, mic, and iPod jack, but does anyone know anything about the volume and clarity?

May 19th, 2010. I am not sure if there are any other brides on my day yet. I will arrive on the 16th of may and stay until the 23rd. I am just going with the ultimate wedding package and I think everything will be beautiful without using outside vendors.I will be bringing a few things ... (favors, candles, gift bags for my guests and bridal party) and i am hoping extra luggage won't be too much. My biggest decision rite now is whether or not i should stick to a small bridal party or go big.

I am living in Germany and trying to get invitations made in Canada (home) which is taking forever, My wedding is in less than 7 months and I still haven't got invites out :s I hope it won't be too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyandRich View Post
I sat off to the side of a wedding that had the speaker... from the beach chairs the volume and clarity were great!! I was about 30-40 feet from the wedding canopy and could hear fine. Hearing it now has me considering renting it.

Do you feel that the speaker takes away from an intimate ceremony by being loud or was it just right? I am thinking it would almost be necessary on the beach with the ocean and wind

Hi Amymarie-

We're booked for two days before you! We're arriving @ Dreams on Wed. May 12th, and leaving Wed. May 19th (your day!). I am also not planning on hiring too many outside vendors, but might do a few small things extra to the decor- we should chat!

p.s. I just got my invitations out a week ago- and so far, the response has been really good. We did the boarding pass tickets (i got the idea from this forum under a different thread on invitations)- and put them into a cardstock sleeve that I wrapped a ribbon around and glued together with our monogram- labor intensive, but so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amymarie View Post
Do you feel that the speaker takes away from an intimate ceremony by being loud or was it just right? I am thinking it would almost be necessary on the beach with the ocean and wind
I saw 2 weddings when I did my site visit...1 used the speaker and 1 did not. The wedding with the speaker had very lovely classical music playing while the guests were seated and the wedding march for the bride. I thought it sounded good...not over the top. The other wedding did not have any music...sounded as though one of the guests sang a song while the bride walked down the aisle, but I couldn't really hear. The part I like on this wedding is that every guest (about 10-15) stood up and surrounded the bride and groom during the ceremony so that they could hear. Myself, I am torn between these options!!! They both have a certain appeal. My guest list is only about 20-25...so I can go either way. Maybe both!