Why Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 CherylMc

• 211 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

we picked it because we know its not somewhere alot of people go - most go to domican rep. or cuba or something...we wanted to go somewhere most guest would not have been yet :)

#32 donutdjn

• 419 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:03 AM

my inlaw family to be is in Jamaica, they couldnt afford to come to the UK but my family could afford to go to them and Jamaica is so much more beautiful and sunny than London!

#33 Tennyt1

• 1,131 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:14 PM

Montego Bay, Jamaica was my mother's hometown. She love being there. I also consider it a second home. My mom passed away last year...and it just feels right to have my wedding there.

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
        ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#34 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
        • 265 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

I chose JA 1. becasue that's where me and FI met 2. because he is from there (and still lives there) He wanted to have it here in the states but I wanted it over there because its a beautiful island and I wanted to get to meet his family. We went back in forth for a while but I won in the end. haha. The resort: we need and AI and kid friendly since we have kids 1 together and he has a daughter also in case others were bringing there kids (but looks like everyone wants a vacation with out the kids haha) so we will only have two children there which will be ours and I also picked the resort because it looked very kid friendly and had a water park and a kids camp that they can attend during the day if needed for us to have time to ourselves.

#35 Leez309

• 186 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:16 PM

Why Jamaica? First, because my father is from there and we go every year, so that's home. 2. Because it's beautiful and I always wanted to have a DW and get married on the beach. 3. When we first started looking for a place I listed a bunch of places and FI said Jamaica. I knew there was a reason I love him! 4. It's affordable enough for people to be able to go with us. 5. Once you go, you know!

#36 lmuze

• 457 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:45 PM

My FI was born and grew in Jamaica. I wanted something small which would have been impossible to do where I live. My family and friends haven't been there and I know they will love it as much as I did.

#37 Ja wedding DJ

Ja wedding DJ
              • 14 posts
                • LocationJamaica

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:18 PM

Hey Everyone,

I am from Jamaica and i can say it beautiful here. There are so many romantic white beaches that you can have a wedding and the hospitality is also great. You won't be disappointment.

#38 Mrs.B

• 455 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

We wanted something different for our family and friends and we thought the serenity and natural beauty of the island would offer the perfect backdrop for our special day.

#39 Mookiie21

• 44 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:14 PM

Wanted to get married on the beach...choose Jamaica for convenience from Philly (where we and most of our guests will be traveling from), price & marriage recognition in US without having to go through all those crazy tests (ie blood test & chest xrays required in Mexico!)

Plus...Secrets Wild Orchid is ONLY in Jamaica!!!!! ;O)

#40 snow88

• 181 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:24 AM

My fiance is from Jamaica and his family is there. easier for my family and friends to go there than his to come to us. Not to mention, I really love it there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users