181 replies to this topic

#161 nettybon

nettybon
  • 153 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 4, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Punta Cana
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:22 AM

Love the starfish ideas .... I incorporated starfish into my wedding also!! 

#162 JMK923

JMK923
  • 185 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

Really cute!

#163 liz24

liz24
  • 209 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

Good ideas

#164 CAKnight

CAKnight
  • 197 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 11, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Key West, FL

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

Another idea would be to drape leis over the chairs. I'm contemplating doing this with chair ties. 

In lieu of using chair covers, compare the price of the standard chairs with that of bamboo chairs. If you do this, you could add your chair ties, leis or whatever decoration you like. By "upgrading" your chairs, you may not have to spend as much money on other decorations. 

Personally, I am using bamboo chairs because it adds to the natural ambiance of the beach.

Hope this helps some brides-to-be!  :)

Btw, does anyone have any ideas for the petals to throw besides the petal cones?!  :unsure:

fcfb049678bccde4086e12ad615b4973.jpg

#165 talicea7812

talicea7812
  • 416 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 12, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Azul Beach Hotel
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

I need to stay off this site!!! I was just going to do the regular chair sashes...but I love the ruffles! did a little searching and found a design in my theme- peacock :)

I think just cutting the fabric in a spiral will create the ruffled look.  then just gather them and im thinking fix them all together with a fabric flower?  This will be my next DIY

Attached Files

#166 rvalenka

rvalenka
  • 353 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 19, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
  • LocationLexington, Kentucky, United States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

I need to stay off this site!!! I was just going to do the regular chair sashes...but I love the ruffles! did a little searching and found a design in my theme- peacock :)

I think just cutting the fabric in a spiral will create the ruffled look. then just gather them and im thinking fix them all together with a fabric flower? This will be my next DIY

If you figure it out let me know :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#167 LilyPotter

LilyPotter
  • 72 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 14, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Taveuni, Fiji
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

Im using this tutorial for my ruffles:

http://harlowandthis...air-covers.html

Im using silk chiffon, but mine is a bit tricky... I'm ombre dyeing the ruffles, so that they will be royal blue at the bottom, and then gradually lighter and lighter. The top will end in an ivory color, and so will the cover of the chair back. This is my biggest DIY project, but i tink it will be amazing when it is done!

Mine will probably be a bit fuller than the ones on the tutorial. I'll be using closer to 20 of the ruffles per chair, and they will be floor length. Tried some out today with some old fabric, and it's a lot of work... I'm getting started as soon as I get the fabric and dye that I ordered!

Edited by LilyPotter, 02 March 2014 - 03:25 PM.

July 14th 2014, Taveuni Island, Fiji

#168 rvalenka

rvalenka
  • 353 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 19, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
  • LocationLexington, Kentucky, United States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

Im using this tutorial for my ruffles:

http://harlowandthis...air-covers.html

Im using silk chiffon, but mine is a bit tricky... I'm ombre dyeing the ruffles, so that they will be royal blue at the bottom, and then gradually lighter and lighter. The top will end in an ivory color, and so will the cover of the chair back. This is my biggest DIY project, but i tink it will be amazing when it is done!

Mine will probably be a bit fuller than the ones on the tutorial. I'll be using closer to 20 of the ruffles per chair, and they will be floor length. Tried some out today with some old fabric, and it's a lot of work... I'm getting started as soon as I get the fabric and dye that I ordered!

That sounds great! I can't wait to see pictures of your final product. I'm so not crafty but I love the ruffle chair covers so I might have to attempt it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#169 vanessav53

vanessav53
  • Site Supporter
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

Attached File  9633076b80d0eff48a046941c711706b.jpg   27.64KB   5 downloadsI'm going to buy fabric and cut to size to wrap my chairs like this: I wanted to do something other than a bow but am using chair covers so had to figure out an alternative.

#170 mckievme

mckievme
    • 183 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Cancun, Mexico

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

Love the ruffle chair covers! I can't wait to see how your DIY covers turn out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users