Photo

did you make an entrance for your AHR?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#11 amyrot

amyrot
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:13 AM

Mine isn't until next August but I'm thinking we will do some pictures throughout the cocktail hour and mingle with guests as well. Then, prior to the start of the dinner we will do an entrance, first dance, toast, then begin dinner. I don't know if thats 'right'.....but I really want the chance to do a dance and I really want to have his grandparents walk in because they won't be coming to mexico.

#12 sfrench0621

sfrench0621
    • 242 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:04 PM

We aren't planning on doing an entrance. Some of our bridal party is from out of town and won't be able to make the AHR, so we didn't think it would make sense in our case.

#13 ChelseaRose

ChelseaRose
      • 139 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:11 PM

Ours will be a bit more relaxed. We are not planning on doing any big traditions like walking in after everyone arrives, since we are doing most of those at the actual wedding in Mexico. We will be playing the video for everyone though!

I would say that it really depends on what type of AHR you are hosting. If it's a backyard BBQ, then I don't think a grand entrance is necessary, but if you are wearing your dress again and your hubby is wearing a tux and you'll be having most of the wedding traditions done at the AHR, then I would say it fits with the setting, so go for it!! It's all up to you.

#14 Krista_H

Krista_H
        • 428 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for posting - I am unsure too. Maybe we'll just have the dj announce us instead of the big entry.

#15 SusieQ

SusieQ
          • 1,603 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:29 PM

funny this has come up because I flat out told my MIL that I wasn't doing this and I just wasn't good with the centre stage and I am having at my home next summer for all that couldn't make it. We're doing the pool party thing and it will be extremely informal. So she then asked if I was wearing my dress again for the AHR and I told her no. She seems a little disappointed that I am not. Oh well!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 KRama

KRama
            • 421 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:08 PM

I'm so undecided on this! At first I wanted to show our video than do a big entrance but now I'm thinking that we'll just greet guests as they arrive and then have the DJ introduce the wedding party, show the video, say a few thank you's and then get the party started!

#17 michelle6114

michelle6114
              • 209 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:56 PM

Haha no I am not doing an entrance, I will be too busy greeting everyone at the door and bitching them out if they didn't rsvp first. We are still expecting about 25 responses in the mail and they only have a week left. Seriously how can people be so inconsiderate? It's a sit down dinner at a restaurant, not a picnic. We need numbers!!
                (sorry to be off topic)

#18 lrdavis23

lrdavis23
                • 876 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:22 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ChelseaRose
                  Ours will be a bit more relaxed. We are not planning on doing any big traditions like walking in after everyone arrives, since we are doing most of those at the actual wedding in Mexico. We will be playing the video for everyone though!

I would say that it really depends on what type of AHR you are hosting. If it's a backyard BBQ, then I don't think a grand entrance is necessary, but if you are wearing your dress again and your hubby is wearing a tux and you'll be having most of the wedding traditions done at the AHR, then I would say it fits with the setting, so go for it!! It's all up to you.
                  I think this is the best way to decided if you do wedding traditions or not great summary.

I am having an informal AHR as well and I think the only tradition we will do is have the first dance later in the evening and cut the wedding cake. Other than that I would consider mine to be a big party :)
                  Married June 18, 2010 @ Dreams Punta Cana

#19 brandynd

brandynd
                  • 221 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:36 PM

We are having a formal AHR, so I think we will be making an entrance. This is good, because we will probably be a little late (FI and his BM have rented a party bus, and apparently the wedding party will be doing a mini bar crawl....lord help us all.)
                    There is no better gift that can be given than the gift of ones self.

#20 amyrot

amyrot
                    • 188 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:48 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by kristaheer
                      Thanks for posting - I am unsure too. Maybe we'll just have the dj announce us instead of the big entry.
                      yeah thats what i'm thinking..i mean its no 'grand' entrance because we will have already had our coctail hour with everyone. I have to see how our venue is set up again until I know how it will play out. I'll be missing a bridesmaid there as well but ....the rest of us are all there. the guys will be wearing their same linen outfits and girls as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users