Sign in to follow this  
Tilly in the Sun

did you make an entrance for your AHR?

We will be running the video and photos over and over again before dinner. So about 15-30mins into tell them guests to be there the DJ will play a song we picked out and make an entrance. Than my FI and I will say thanks for joining us tonight blah blah blah and than serve dinner. After dinner into the cake we will repeat the video and pictures for people whom could not see it earlier.

We had a formal AHR. DH and I mingled with guests during cocktail hour. Then once everyone got seated in the ballroom, the DJ welcomed everyone, introduced DH and I, then we repeated our first dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginalyn View Post
We had a formal AHR. DH and I mingled with guests during cocktail hour. Then once everyone got seated in the ballroom, the DJ welcomed everyone, introduced DH and I, then we repeated our first dance.
Yes that sounds like exactly like what I want to do. I'm definitely wearing my dress all night- I see no reason to wear anything else since its a wedding reception- I can't wait!

Thanks everyone for your ideas and experiences. I am leaning towards having some kind of entrance only because we are doing the whole sit down dinner, drinks, DJ, dancing (and we are all wearing our wedding attire again!! love getting so much use out of the dress)...so it's a pretty formal AHR. Still have almost a year to decide though so I am sure my mind will change about 8 million times LOL.

No formal entrance for us......we are greeting everyone as they come in so that there isn't as much pressure to mingle during the dance. We want to party and dance all night, but have a chance to talk with everyone.

We are calling our AHR a celebration rather than a reception....no dinner, just dancing and a midnight lunch.

Even though it is informal, I am definitely wearing my dress agian.....why not......i LOVE my dress...haha!

Well...... I just wanted to mingle as well but my FILs are the one's hosting and his mom wanted a big entrance with introductions, music and all. I really am NOT looking forward to this part. I hate big attention like that and it just makes me feel awkward - do I dance a little? Do I just smile like a dork? Wave? Apparently there will be a receiving line as people come in and then we'll do our entrance when it looks like most everybody is there. Bleh. It's next Saturday - I'll let you know how it goes.

Our AHR starts around 7:00pm. I'm thinking there won't be a significant number of people there until 8:00pm. We're thinking of having a video of photos play during the cocktail hour and after the last ones show of the wedding, we want the DJ to introduce us and we come out. I want to go straight to the dance floor and do our first dance. After that, a quick prayer and let the party begin!

If none of that works out, we'll just mingle with the guests as they arrive but I don't want to meet people at the door or anything. I don't want it to seem like we're there waiting for gifts...LOL!

We just got back from our formal pre-wedding AHR. My FMIL wanted the big entrance so we did it. After mingling with the guests as they came in, the DJ asked that they all be seated for dinner. They he introduced everybody as we walked in (to music). Everybody just walked straight to the head table and sat down. No big deal really. It wasn't nearly as awkward as I thought it was going to be. And I guess it was good for guests who didn't know the wedding party to be introduced to them somehow.