Wedding in Mexico?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Paul

Andrew Paul
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:10 AM

Hello Everyone! I am recently engaged and was thinking of doing the whole 'wedding on the beach' thing in Mexico. Does anyone have any recommendations for good spots?

Also, what are the legal requirements for getting married in a foreign country? We don't have a firm date, but were thinking about some time in November.

Any advice would be appreciated!

#2 michellepicksbrent

• 1,448 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:13 AM

Welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place to help you find the perfect location for your DW and find out all of the legal requirements. Happy planning!

#3 KLaBate54

• 438 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:56 AM

Congratulations and welcome! You will definitely be able to find all of the info you need on here!

#4 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:58 AM

Hello Andrew and welcome to the forum. Where in Mexico are you thinking about getting married?

In order to have a legal wedding in Mexico, you'll need to be there 3 days before your wedding, have a blood test done and have at least 4 people to witness your wedding (usually not a problem) Also depending on your state law, you may be required to have your marriage license certified and translated into English. It sounds like a lot, but I did a legal wedding and IMO It was worth it.

#5 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:09 AM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

#6 *Karla*

• 4,854 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:15 AM

Congrats and Welcome to the Forum! Happy Planning :)

#7 BlakleyBrideToBe

• 2,115 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:19 AM

Congrats and welcome!

#8 Vikki

• 807 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:02 PM

Welcome and congrats. November is sneaking up! I can't believe how many newbie posts I've seen that are looking for a November 09 wedding. Check out the thread for November that's going to count down with us.

#9 TerraDawn

• 85 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:14 PM

Oh, man did you come to the right place!! These are the ladies who have all of the legal requirements down pat. Good luck with all of your planning!!

#10 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
                    • 600 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:34 PM

Hello Andrew,
                      We were just married in Tulum, Mexico. It's about two hours south of Cancun, so you get the warm water of the Carribean, but on a pristine beach since you are far away from the resorts. You can get legally married in Mexico, as Tammy posted, you just have to register your marriage certificate in your home state. IMO though, I didn't think it was worth it. The AZ laws are rather lax. We were able to have our friend be an officiant and we were all able to sign the legal document when we were home, making it legal in the states. I don't know what the laws in Denver are though. BTW - my photographer is in Denver and does amazing work, in case you are looking for someone.
                      DREAMTIME IMAGES WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY - Colorado, California and destination wedding photographers serving Denver, Aspen, Vail, Beaver Creek, Estes Park, Boulder, Santa Barbara, Steamboat Springs, Colorado Springs, San Luis Obispo, Cambria, Phoenix, B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users