Beaches Negril Photog????

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kgeecee

• 194 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:29 PM

Ok so i am a bit confussed about something and its a pretty big thing:
    If i am getting married @ beaches negril do i have to use their photog??
    Has anyone used them and how were they?
    Do you know if they contract it out to local photogs and can i pick which one i choose?

Anyone have some advice on this??

thanks a million..... kg

#2 michelle6114

• 209 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:09 PM

I am getting married at Beaches Boscobel, and had the same questions. All their rules are the same. You can only use their photographers, who will remain nameless and/or portfolio-less until you arrive at your hotel right before the wedding. The only way they allow outside photographers is if you will pay for their 3-night stay at the resort.
      I have debated trying to sneak a local photographer in, but will not now due to the amount pre-wedding stress it will cause. There is a thread about this on the Sandals/Couples board.

#3 kgeecee

• 194 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by michelle6114
        I have debated trying to sneak a local photographer in, but will not now due to the amount pre-wedding stress it will cause. There is a thread about this on the Sandals/Couples board.

from what i have heard they know all the good local photogs and ask them to leave. Could you imagine losing all that money

i posted something on my friends FB page (cause i dont have FB yes the only person in the world!!) looking for someone to maybe trade the trip for photo.... I have gotten tons of replies! I made sure to stress i am looking for a professional photog.
        we will see what happens, maybe it will work out

#4 terri1225

• 184 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:17 AM

Good Luck. I am also a Beaches Bride and this photographer situation is stressing me out.
          52 Adults and 11 Children Booked!!

#5 blckrevpower

• 572 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:44 PM

good luck with that
            some resorts are really strict about that
            "Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!" --Homer Simpson

#6 JenniferSS

• Banned
            • 1,047 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

You do not have to use the Sandals or Beaches photographer- you can bring in your own as long as they stay at the resort you are getting married at for at least 3 nights!

#7 BeachBride83

• 196 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:46 PM

We decided to fly someone in becuase pictures are the most important thing to me and I could not deal with the stress of not knowing what you are getting with their photographers. Their prices are pretty high too with the different packages. I would suggest definitely doing some research on photgraphers that would be willing to do your wedding to build their portfolio. I think you might be surprised at the prices they will quote to be able to do a destination wedding. Good luck!
                Hey Everyone! I have booked Heather Parker to photograph my May 7, 2011 wedding in Negril, Jamaica. I am looking for someone that might want to share in the cost of her transportation/stay that will be getting married around the same time in the area. PM me if you are interested! Her work is...

#8 Stephus

• 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:00 PM

hi guys i am a beaches bride, and i didn't use there photographer because i herd bad thing about them. i use a local photographer in Jamaica so it save me a lot to fly some one in to do my wedding. he was really good....!!!! we r not a camera friendly people and the picture that we receive was one in a million!! we were working with a budget of 1,500 and we have him for 8ours! and we get all the picture on a CD and also a DVD slide show. his name is Jonh, for all my beautiful bride you can contact him at dreamlandphotographer@yahoo.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users