Cheat Your Way Thin diet ~ **guide available to download in post #45**

~*Lisa*~

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kathy*~ View Post
Woo hoo, good luck with it Jill! I'm excited to hear about your progress in the coming weeks! woot.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by finzup View Post
good luck Jill -- you will be fine as long as you plan out the meals... planning is key :)
Thanks Ladies! I will definitely keep you all posted, and I think you're so right about the planning, if I don't plan, I will have a hard time finding the right components to eat to follow the plan.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm so sick of all the crap I've been eating the past few weeks, I can't wait to get started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloo79 View Post
So it's official - I lost 3.2 lbs this week for a grand total of 13.1!!!!!!!!! woot.gif I'm so freakin' excited! I hope that I can keep on this track. I have just under 25 lbs that I would really love to lose before the wedding, which is only 4 months away now! yikes! I hope that I can do it!!!

Congrats Lisaloo! woot.gif That is awesome! Are you doing any exercise program with your diet? I have been hitting the gym everyday and I hate it! lol. I'm so happy for you!

OK final weight in (for the priming phase)

I'm a bit disappointed. I did not lose 1 ounce since last week. I have followed the diet to a T, no cheating.... I did so well the first 2 weeks, I was hoping to lose at least 2 pounds this week but NOTHING. I did weigh myself in the middle of the week and had GAINED. At least today I am back to where I was at last week's weigh-in

Did anyone experience 0 weight loss for the 3rd week of priming? I'm worried about the cheat day and that I will gain back.......

This is NOT a good way to start my cheat day sad.gif

Finzup - I didn't lose anything for my first high gi/gl week and I think it's because my body does not process carbohydrates properly. I mean, I had two low gi/gl days this week (mid-week, the camel hump way if you're wondering) and I haven't lost anything since last week. I am going back to the all low carb set up, I'll probably start losing again. Some people's bodies just don't do well with carbs and I happen to be one of them. Sorry you're so frustrated. hug2.gif

Hm.... I think I will try it as written next week for my first week of core and then if I stay the same or god forbid gain weight I will do something like low carb, low carb, low gi, low gi, low carb, low carb....

I did lose a total of 13# in priming but it was all in the first 2 weeks..... I shouldn't complain just yet :)

OK on to cheat day!

I had a plain bagel toasted well done with plain cream cheese and an iced coffee with cream for breakfast.

I didn't eat anything until I got to my engagement party. I ate there, though!

We were there from around 1:30 - 7:30pm and during that time I managed to eat:

- several pieces of bread dipped in tuscan bean dip (amazingly good)

- veggies in roasted red pepper dip

- sesame breadstick (or two of them maybe...)

- sangria (i know, alcohol is a no-no but at least sangria is not 100% booze, it's mixed with some other stuff)

That was the appetizers...

Main dishes there was a buffet and I sampled

- roasted sweet potatoes with molasses (omg, yum)

- chicken marsala

- veal & peas

- tortellini with prosciutto and cream sauce

- salad with italian dressing

(I only had a little bit of each).

Then afterwards, CAKE!! YUM. Marble cake with buttercream icing. Oh and I had half an Italian cookie.

After I got home I opened one of my gifts and it was a very LARGE box of fancy schmancy handmade chocolates from L.A. Burdick... I did have a few of those too. I just HAD to. I wouldn't trust anyone who could resist these chocolates.

I put them in the fridge. I will eat a few next cheat day....

All in all I had a good cheat day .. next time it won't be a "party" day so I will hopefully eat more "food food" rather than sweets and desserts. I still am SO craving fish and chips..... next week!!

Best of luck to everyone else this week!!!

finz, congrats on the loss! And your cheat day sounded really yummy, especially since I just finished Day 1 !!

I've been pretty hungry today, I think it's just because I've been eating so much the past few weeks that my stomach needs to shrink back down. Hopefully tomorrow I won't be as hungry.

I've got a ways to go before my first cheat day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPepperette View Post
So I have been looking over this for the last few days, and I keep thinking of the meals I can make. Im totally stumped. Did anyone else have a hard time making a menu up the low carb days? I guess its more snack wise.

Erin: Just emailed it to you wink.gif

Low Carb Meals

breakfast:

2 egg whites + 2 turkey sausage links (I use banquet frozen)
2 egg whites + 2 bacon (I use the very thin pre cooked kind . they are low fat.. if you use regular bacon I would only use 1 slice)
2 egg whites + 2 pcs canadian bacon
1 whole egg + 2 egg whites
cottage cheese + ham

Lunches, Snacks

1 chicken sausage (sams club asiago/spinach) + walnuts
1 chicken sausage + cheese stick
full fat cottage cheese (that counts as both protein + fat)
low fat cottage cheese + almonds or walnuts
low fat cottage cheese + cheese stick
piece of chicken breast + celery stuffed with cream cheese
deli roast beef + goat cheese wrapped in lettuce
deli turkey + goat cheese + red peppers
can tunafish + mayonnaise (over greens or plain)
1 egg + 1 egg white + low fat mayonnaise (over greens or plain)
1/2c chobani 2% plain greek yogurt + chopped walnuts (gives it a nice crunch)

Suppers
chicken breast + mozzarella cheese + tomatoes + string beans
chicken breast +low fat cheddar + thin bacon + spinach
salmon + grilled zucchini
Grilled chicken or shrimp Caesar salad - no croutons, dressing on side
Chicken/Beef kabobs - with mushrooms, onions, peppers, zucchini
Pan seared scallops + garlicy spinach
turkey mignons (from sams club.. basically a white meat turkey breast peace surrounded by bacon -- it looks like filet mignon) + string beans

The options are endless .. mix and match!