Photo

Cheat Your Way Thin diet ~ **guide available to download in post #45**

• Please log in to reply
663 replies to this topic

#501 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:02 PM

lol Amy, I stuffing!! So cheating with that was GREAT for me! I'm glad that you're doing well. Keep it up girl!!

#502 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
    • 5,649 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:05 PM

I'm getting so bored of my eggs + egg whites for breakfast every morning...what are you ladies all doing for breakfast? I'm referring specifically to low carb days. :)

#503 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
      • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:10 PM

I do the egg thing too Kathy - UGH! I do hard-boiled because I can cook them up for the week and it makes a fast breakfast. I usually eat the egg with cheese and tomatoes (or cucumber) on the low-carb day and yogurt (instead of veggies) on the low gi/gl days. I only do this on the days where I work. For the other days, I usually eat my eggs in another way, either scrambeled (sp?) or fried, depending on the day.

#504 amybermuda

amybermuda
        • 870 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:29 PM

I made a crustless quiche - which is really fancy name for what it was:

sauteed mushrooms, onion, spinach, green & yellow peppers - added chopped tomatoes at end. Poured into a 8" cake pan and added 8 egg whites and 2 full eggs. I added about 2 oz of mozzarella and mixed it all up nicely and baked at 350 for 35 mins. Let cool. I cut it into 6 slices - and will eat 2 a day for the breakfast & morning snack.

It takes a while but do it on Sunday night and it makes 3 breakfasts which is what I need for Mon, Tues, Wed.

You can mix it up and make different styles with seasonings and veggies: Italian, Mexican, various types of Mushrooms, or even add some meat to it.

Not sure if that will help you to mix it up enough Kathy!

#505 amybermuda

amybermuda
          • 870 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:33 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ~*Lisa*~
            lol Amy, I stuffing!! So cheating with that was GREAT for me! I'm glad that you're doing well. Keep it up girl!!
            That's so funny! I can't imagine a food I'd want to eat less.

There was an incident when I was about 11 where a neckbone was in my stuffing on my plate and I cried for the entire meal and now I hate stuffing! Really, I should be old enough to grow out of that seeing as it was 2 decades ago, but nope!!!

#506 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
            • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:27 PM

Amy - lol at the story. Not that it was funny about the neckbone, but it's funny how people handle things!

love, love, love your idea about the crustless quiche. I quiche. I am so stealing that recipe tonight! Thanks for the input, great idea!

#507 amybermuda

amybermuda
              • 870 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

No probs Lisa. And if you leave the cheese out you can add a slice of toast on higher GI days!

(the neckbone story is funny to me now - and its repeated every year at the dinner table!)

#508 hat0112

hat0112
                • 1,219 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:35 PM

Hi ladies! I have been itching to start this diet for a while now and just got up to the 150posts! I am excited and very nervous about how I will do. I am Italian and I love carbs and I love cheese so I don't know how I will do on my low carb and low GI days. I think some planning is needed and I will try and start next week.

Do any of you really struggle with the low carb?

Thanks!

Heather
                  Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#509 amybermuda

amybermuda
                  • 870 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:06 AM

Hi Heather - I am only on Day 3 so I cant really help you much, but to say that the low carb only lasts for 2 days so it was not that hard for me to stick to it.

I was so happy this morning having a piece of toast with my breakfast and then some pineapple with my morning snack!

On the Low GI days you can use spaghetti squash instead of pasta - which is amazingly delicious. Have you tried it before?

And you can have cheese on the low carb and low GI days too!

I would start to write ideas down for meals on the different days and you'll be amazed at the combos you can do. Last night I made ideas for different restaurants (sushi, steakhouse, sub shop, etc) for the different days and its amazing how much you can alter your meals a little to fit the plan. I guess the only big thing is to only eat a small portion and save the rest for the snack or another meal.

#510 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                    • 2,287 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:11 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by hat0112
                      Hi ladies! I have been itching to start this diet for a while now and just got up to the 150posts! I am excited and very nervous about how I will do. I am Italian and I love carbs and I love cheese so I don't know how I will do on my low carb and low GI days. I think some planning is needed and I will try and start next week.

Do any of you really struggle with the low carb?

Thanks!

Heather
                      Heather - I honestly don't struggle with the low carb days. I eat salads and lots of veggies with my protein. It's not that hard really.

Check out this form that I created to help me out. You just start filing in the blanks and next thing you know, you got your day/week planned out. It's quite easy actually.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users