• VIP Member
  • 12,151 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:49 AM

HAPPY CHEAT DAY!!!!

#192 finzup

finzup
    • 468 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:07 AM

Happy cheat day lisaloo !! Enjoy it, you've earned it!

-Katie
      Have you met Alice?
      http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

#193 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
      • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:09 PM

lol Thanks girls! :) You'll be there soon too Katie!

#194 finzup

finzup
        • 468 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:07 PM

lisaloo, how many pounds did you lose in the first 3 weeks?

What types of low-gi carbs did you eat with meals/snacks?

thanks!!

-Katie
          Have you met Alice?

#195 jstinemari

jstinemari
          • 86 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:39 PM

i'm not sure if this was in the packet or if i just missed it but i'm wondering about drinks.. should we be drinking mostly water? can we have juice or milk? or is it just water and protein drink?

#196 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
            • 2,528 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:18 PM

hey ladies!! I would like to get on board with you in the journey!! I have like 25 pounds (approx.) to lose and I wanna give this diet a shot, since I have tried so many others! LA Weight Loss worked really well for me, but I always gave myself cheat days. How nice would it be to have that already "budgeted" in? Whoever has the information I need could you please pm me? Thanks so much!!
              Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#197 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
              • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:42 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by finzup
                lisaloo, how many pounds did you lose in the first 3 weeks?

What types of low-gi carbs did you eat with meals/snacks?

thanks!!
                Katie - I lost 8.1lbs in the first 2 weeks. Not really sure about the last one because I messed up my weigh-in days being out at the cottage and out of town this weekend. I'm happy about the results anyway.

For my low-gi days, I mostly stuck to fruit, seeing as I love it so much and it tells you that you should be mostly eating fruits (check out the bottom of the food list on the low-gi days). I also did add some applesauce and yogurt.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jstinemari
                i'm not sure if this was in the packet or if i just missed it but i'm wondering about drinks.. should we be drinking mostly water? can we have juice or milk? or is it just water and protein drink?
                I would mostly stick to water. It doesn't mention drinks at all except for the protein shake and the alcohol on the cheat days. If you want to drink other things, I would suggest black coffee (or if you add cream, it's on the fat list and would count as a fat), diet pop (seeing as it contains practically nothing except sodium) and maybe crystal light in water. I honestly didn't drink anything else other than water and a diet pop here and there.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by nsbride2010
                hey ladies!! I would like to get on board with you in the journey!! I have like 25 pounds (approx.) to lose and I wanna give this diet a shot, since I have tried so many others! LA Weight Loss worked really well for me, but I always gave myself cheat days. How nice would it be to have that already "budgeted" in? Whoever has the information I need could you please pm me? Thanks so much!!
                PM me with your email addy and I would be glad to send it to you!!

#198 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:46 PM

ladies - I just wanted to let everyone know that you can download the diet from this thread. Check out mummergirl's post on PAGE 5, she included it here. It just may be easier and faster than PM'ing one of us to send it to you. Just a thought!

#199 finzup

finzup
                  • 468 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:52 AM

OK I finished priming phase week 1 and I am so happy with the results!!! I lost just about 8 pounds and 10" !!!!! I couldn't be happier.
                    It makes all the sacrifices I made this week totally worth it.
                    Like yesterday for instance... I went to this local restaurant called Greggs to get some take out. I walk in, order a grilled chicken caesar salad, no croutons, dressing on side, and sit down to wait for it. Well, Greggs is kinda locally famous for their cakes, pies, brownies, etc.. (they have a 6 layer chocolate cake called 'death by chocolate').. SO as I'm waiting for my salad, I realize I'm sitting in front of a display case about 25' feet long with ALL tdf desserts!!! It was the longest 15 minutes of my life. I mentally added a piece of cake from Greggs to my cheat day (still 2 weeks away, but hey, a girl can plan ahead, right? )

On to week 2 . . . I'm a little nervous about the introduction of the carbs... I know the weight loss won't be as good as week 1 and I am going to try not to get on the scale daily... I hope to lose 2-4 pounds this week. We'll see!

lisaloo.. more details on the rest of your cheat day please!! I want to live through you!!!

-Katie
                    Have you met Alice?

#200 finzup

finzup
                    • 468 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:57 AM

jstinemari
                      Here's my interpretation of the drinking situation of this diet.. of course I'm not an expert by any means -- this is just how I have interpreted it and how I am doing it.

Water - be sure to drink the usual minimum 64 oz of water a day .. I carry one of those big nalgene bottles around with me all day at work (32 oz) and try to drink 2 of them... then I drink at least 2 glasses of water at night, too so I am estimating I am drinking around 80 oz a day of water.. (less on weekends for some reason though)

Coffee I was going to stop drinking caffeine but to be honest, I drank a cup every morning (sometimes even a medium iced coffee).. I added a bit of half and half at home, or if I got the iced at DD, just a bit of whole milk. I did not count it as a meal, or a fat or anything -- basically I counted it as a necessity for me to get up in the morning..lol

Anyway if you have cups of coffee through out the day, the milk/cream would have to be counted, and caffeine is not that good for a diet so I'd stick to it in the AM only if possible.

Tea - same as coffee I suppose. Green tea has less caffeine so might be a good option, but decaf is best ... and decaf tea even counts as a water (assuming no cream, milk, sugar added)!

Soda - With any diet I'd make an attempt to stay completely away from diet sodas.. they are not helpful to a diet.. although one or two won't kill you. I personally don't really like artificial anything and the sweeteners scare me. I have to admit though, Thursday I "broke down" and had a fountain diet pepsi....

I think the crystal light drink packets are probably fine to drink but again those have the artificial sweeteners..

Protein shake -- on the low carb days unfortunately mix it with 8 oz water only.. Hold your nose and chug it...lol.
                      I am just starting week 2 and I plan to mix it with skim milk on the low-gi days. You could also add a bit of fruit from the low-gi list. I'm not going to add fruit because if I add fruit, I have to blend it in a blender with ice, and the drink will be thicker and colder and I won't be able to chug it as fast... I just use cold tap water and it takes only a few "chugs" to drink the whole thing. I really don't like the shakes but they are not bad when using the 'cold water only, hold your nose and chug' method....lol

Milk - I think milk is okay on the low-gi days -- not sure what I would count it as though? It is definitely not a whole serving of low-gi carbs -- maybe 1/2?
                      I don't really know how it would work.... I'm pretty much only adding milk to the shakes and no place else... (except in the iced coffee's)

Juice - I think juice is a no-no on any day -- one exception would be if you juiced a piece of fruit yourself but if you've ever done that you know that 1 piece of fruit doesn't make much juice -- so if you're only supposed to eat 1 serving of fruit, that wouldn't be much juice! Maybe if you juice it, and added some water and veggies to make a sort of hybrid veg/fruit juice it would be okay?
                      good luck!

-Katie
                      Have you met Alice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users