Photo

Cheat Your Way Thin diet ~ **guide available to download in post #45**

• Please log in to reply
663 replies to this topic

#11 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:51 AM

Lisa - I would def. wait until after your vacation. It does take alot of planning all your meals (I find anyway) because you have to make sure that you have a protein, fat, carb (whatever it calls for) at each meal/snack.

Like I said, so far, so good. I sorta cheated and stepped on the scale this morning (you're not supposed to weigh yourself every day) and I had lost 2 pounds from yesterday. That made me SUPER excited! That and the fact that I feel good too!

Good luck everyone and make sure you post your results or problems, this is fun!!!

#12 Bing & Win Win

Bing & Win Win
    • 83 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:26 AM

Dear LisaLoo,

I would so love for you to send me the link or whatever information you have on this diet. I think I need "Best Destination Wedding Forums For Dummies", because I can't figure out how to PM people. It took me forever just to figure out what "PM" meant. :0)

#13 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
      • 5,649 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:53 AM

Lisa - I'm so glad to hear that you and your FI are ALREADY experiencing so much success with this and feeling better...that's huge! I will admit that the toughest part is the first three weeks and the low carb days but you get used to it after a while. My favorite days (other than cheat day obviously lol) is the low gi/gl day. It pretty much allows you to have a nice mix of fat/protein/carbs and I feel satisfied with the food I eat on those particular days. You're probably having more BMs because of all the veggies (as you said) which is probably more fibre than you're used to getting before you started...that's ok though!

I will also say that I plan and prepare all of my lunches/snacks for work for the week every Sunday afternoon after I go grocery shopping. This is a huge help. Once you get in the habit of preparing all of your food in advance, you are much less likely to "boredom eat" or graze in your kitchen if you know what I mean. The best part is, it usually takes me less than an hour to make all of my lunches for the week.

You're welcome about the protein shakes btw, did you go to Costco already? :)

#14 jetsbride

jetsbride
        • 794 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:18 PM

Kathy/Lisa - What protien shake do you get from Costco?

#15 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
          • 5,649 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:22 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jetsbride
            Kathy/Lisa - What protien shake do you get from Costco?
            hey! I can't remember the name of it but they sell a few different flavors/brands at Costco. I usually get the Vanilla flavor in this huge container that costs $30 or so. It's protein powder so you have to mix it with water and ice in a blender. :)

#16 jetsbride

jetsbride
            • 794 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:32 PM

okay, thanks Kathy.

#17 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
              • 2,287 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:46 PM

Kathy - We just picked up some mix at a grocery store but I'm sure it's either cheaper at Costco or Wal-mart even. I agree with you about preparing meals ahead of time. We've taken the time after dinner to make our lunches for the next day. It's something I enjoy that we're both doing together - it's nice.

I also wanted to say that I'm even more so motivated because the FI is helping me. I think that it really helps to have someone else doing it with you, experiencing the same things. So I would definitely suggest sharing the experience with your significant other!

I must say one more thing regarding cottage cheese. I noticed that it was there quite often on the list and I was like hmmmm did I ever eat some? For some reason I didn't think that I liked it, but we bought some last night and I tried a spoonful, not too bad. So the FI puts some in my lunch today and I'm eating it this morning for a snack and got to my 3rd spoonful and almost barfed!! Apparently, I CAN'T eat cottage cheese! lol

#18 Jen_S

Jen_S
                • 3,737 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:28 PM

Oh I am interested in getting some info on this plan also. I will pm you.
                  Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#19 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
                  • 3,347 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:36 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lisaloo79
                    Lisa - I would def. wait until after your vacation. It does take alot of planning all your meals (I find anyway) because you have to make sure that you have a protein, fat, carb (whatever it calls for) at each meal/snack.

Like I said, so far, so good. I sorta cheated and stepped on the scale this morning (you're not supposed to weigh yourself every day) and I had lost 2 pounds from yesterday. That made me SUPER excited! That and the fact that I feel good too!

Good luck everyone and make sure you post your results or problems, this is fun!!!

Lisa- I cheated every single day then! I couldn't help but weight myself!
                    ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#20 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                    • 2,287 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:03 PM

lol thanks Steph that makes me feel better to hear that I'm not the only cheater!

How much weight have you lost so far?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users