• Please log in to reply
663 replies to this topic

#131 finzup

finzup
  • 468 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:37 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lisaloo79

4 more days until my first cheat day, wooo hoo!!!!!!! so far, I plan to eat a bagel from Tim Horton's and a blizzard from DQ. YUM!!
    WOW!! you have been on the diet for almost 3 weeks -- great job for sticking with it!! I wish I had started when you did.. I am only on day 2..lol

I think once the 'core' phase starts it will be much easier.

Congrats!!!

-Katie
    Have you met Alice?
    http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

#132 jetsbride

jetsbride
    • 794 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:15 AM

I started this yesterday, so far so good. I haven't felt hungry yet because all the veggies keep me full.
      I got my protien powder from Walmart, it's called Six Star Muscle, Muscle Building Milkshake and for 2 scoops mixed with 6oz of cold water it has:
      280 calories
      9g fat
      33g protien
      16g carbs (5g sugar)

Does this seem right?
      This is not bad tasting at all though, I was dreading it after reading all the posts but it was actually good, a little chunky though!

#133 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
      • 5,649 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:31 AM

Lisa (jetsbride) - I'm surprised that there's fat in the protein powder you bought, usually protein powders don't have any or hardly any fat (like maybe 2-3g at the most) in them.

Just to let you ladies know, DH and I stopped by a nutritional supplement store this past weekend and we bought some protein powder by a company called Optimum Nutrition in strawberry flavor. We tried it out last night mixed with water and ice. It tastes AMAZING!!! Sooo much better tasting than the stuff I was getting from costco! It tasted like strawberry milk! I highly recommend this powder if you don't want to gag on your nightly shake!

#134 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:33 AM

oh, I should mention that the protein powder cost us $70 CAD but it was well worth it!!

#135 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
          • 2,287 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:43 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ~*Kathy*~
            oh, I should mention that the protein powder cost us $70 CAD but it was well worth it!!
            Yikes!! FI thought of doing the same thing so I'll have to let him know. Thanks for sharing that because I don't like barfing (well almost!) every night! lol

#136 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
            • 5,649 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:53 AM

You're welcome Lisaloo! lol In my opinion, it's worth the cost! It still comes in a huge ass container so it's not like it won't last quite a while anyway. :) I think they also make a tropical punch flavor by Optimum Nutrition as well.

#137 Jen_S

Jen_S
              • 3,737 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:53 AM

Well I completed my first day and so far so good I did not feel hungry. This is what I had:
                breakfast - 2 egg whites with cheese, 1/2 cup of coffee
                snack - piece of chicken
                lunch - can of tuna with a little mayo & veggies
                snack - cheese for a snack
                dinner - ribs with salad with oil and ving.

I did not have protein shake last night bc the store was out of the mix so I bought one this morning at shoprite the same as finzup but in choc.

Has anyone tracked the calories they ate? I did and yesterday I only had around 1000 calories so I think I need to eat some higher calorie stuff plus my shake will push up I want to eat at least 1200 calories so my body does not think I am in starvation mode.
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#138 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                • 5,649 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

I found a link for that yummy protein powder I bought!

Popeye's® Supplements Canada ~ Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard - 5lb

Mmmm, look at all the flavors it comes in! I'm going to have to try them all eventually!

#139 finzup

finzup
                  • 468 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:45 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jkcz0702
                    Well I completed my first day and so far so good I did not feel hungry. This is what I had:
                    breakfast - 2 egg whites with cheese, 1/2 cup of coffee
                    snack - piece of chicken
                    lunch - can of tuna with a little mayo & veggies
                    snack - cheese for a snack
                    dinner - ribs with salad with oil and ving.

I did not have protein shake last night bc the store was out of the mix so I bought one this morning at shoprite the same as finzup but in choc.

Has anyone tracked the calories they ate? I did and yesterday I only had around 1000 calories so I think I need to eat some higher calorie stuff plus my shake will push up I want to eat at least 1200 calories so my body does not think I am in starvation mode.
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jkcz0702

I am tracking my calories too and on my first day I came in with too few. But I didn't eat enough for my snacks. I noticed that your snacks did not both include a protein + a fat.. So I would recommend eating a piece of chicken + cheese or chicken + nuts or something for each of the snacks. That will boost up your calories a bit. Plus the shake will add some calories too and you will probably be just about right..

-Katie
                    Have you met Alice?

#140 finzup

finzup
                    • 468 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:51 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jetsbride
                      I started this yesterday, so far so good. I haven't felt hungry yet because all the veggies keep me full.
                      I got my protien powder from Walmart, it's called Six Star Muscle, Muscle Building Milkshake and for 2 scoops mixed with 6oz of cold water it has:
                      280 calories
                      9g fat
                      33g protien
                      16g carbs (5g sugar)

Does this seem right?
                      This is not bad tasting at all though, I was dreading it after reading all the posts but it was actually good, a little chunky though!
                      If you're having the shake for the night time snack, I would try to do only one scoop because 280 calories seems like a lot at night... if you're having it during the day I'd say go for the 2 scoops...

-Katie
                      Have you met Alice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users