• Please log in to reply
663 replies to this topic

#121 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:22 AM

Cougar - awww thanks, you're so sweet! :) I heart the wooty guy too! haha

Jkcz - I've been doing this diet since mid-June

Jill - no problem, I recommend chugging the protein shake because it is really awful lol.

Lisaloo - that's awesome, huge congrats on your loss so far!! I did read in the book that if you don't have the shake you should at least have a chicken breast or something with the same amount of protein as your late night snack. I think you should definitely eat something!!

Steph - that's amazing progress, congrats to you too!! You must feel soooo good! I'm proud of ya!

#122 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
    • 2,287 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:35 AM

I'm so proud of us girls!!!! We're doing great!

#123 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:20 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~
        So I have been doing a loose version of the CYWT diet, I did the diet for a few weeks and then I decide I didn't want to live without my carbs, so I have been watching my portions and still eating healthier and not taking in "liquid calories" like soda unless its diet and then there are no calories.. anyways, I am down 14 lbs this morning. I am going to the gym or doing a workout DVD 4-6 days a week and I think that is helping. I am glad its finally starting to come off, I wasn't dropping anything for the longest time. I did have to give up Ice Cream though, which made me sad until I saw the scale this morning, lol.
        Congrats on the loss! I LOVE ice cream, I don't know how you quit, lol!

#124 finzup

finzup
        • 468 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:35 PM

Lisaloo -- maybe instead of the protein shake you could scramble up 3 egg whites and eat them instead?

-Katie
          Have you met Alice?
          http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

#125 finzup

finzup
          • 468 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:40 PM

I'm halfway through my first day. I'm starving
            I don't think I'm eating enough.

here's what I had:

breakfast
            1 egg + 1 white scrambled + 2 lowfat turkey sausage links

snack
            one lowfat colby jack cheese stick

lunch
            3.3 oz of sliced chicken breast in ice berg lettuce wraps with some cherry tomatoes and mayo

snack 2
            1/8 c walnuts
            1 oz of sliced chicken breast

And here I sit.. at work 4:40pm, dinner won't be until 6 and I'm famished

What kind of portions are you all eating for snacks? I am making them smaller but am I supposed to be doing "meal sized" portions for the snacks?

Thanks!

-Katie
            Have you met Alice?

#126 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
            • 2,287 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by finzup
              I'm halfway through my first day. I'm starving
              I don't think I'm eating enough.

here's what I had:

breakfast
              1 egg + 1 white scrambled + 2 lowfat turkey sausage links

snack
              one lowfat colby jack cheese stick

lunch
              3.3 oz of sliced chicken breast in ice berg lettuce wraps with some cherry tomatoes and mayo

snack 2
              1/8 c walnuts
              1 oz of sliced chicken breast

And here I sit.. at work 4:40pm, dinner won't be until 6 and I'm famished

What kind of portions are you all eating for snacks? I am making them smaller but am I supposed to be doing "meal sized" portions for the snacks?

Thanks!
              I noticed that for your first snack, you only had a fat. You need to have protein in there, that's what keeps your hunger away. Don't forget, eat all the free veggies you can. I bring a bag full of them each day to work and whenever I get hungry, I snack on them. Also, make sure to drink lots of water, that ALWAYS helps with the hunger.

I'm probably eating smaller portions for my snacks. My dinner is probably the largest.

YOU CAN DO THIS GIRL!!!!!!!!!

#127 finzup

finzup
              • 468 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

I thought I needed to count the cheese as both a fat and a protein because somewhere on the pdf file it says if the protein is not considered "lean" then it should be counted as both the protein + the fat.. but maybe the cheese doesn't have enough protein (it has 5g) -- do you know how much protein we should be having at each meal/ snack?

I think I'm going to grill up a bunch of chicken breasts tonight so that for the rest of the week I can eat that instead of deli chicken breast.. (tastes better).. and chicken breast and cheese sounds like a pretty good snack right about now..lol

and yes I definitely should've brought some veggies to snack on during the day (celery or something)......

Thank you!!!!!

-Katie
                Have you met Alice?

#128 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
                • 1,114 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:47 AM

Started today guys! I got some ideas from your meal lists, Finzup, thanks!

Kathy, Steph and Lisa- way to go- I can't wait to report some lbs lost!!

Haven't bought the dreaded protein shakes yet- will pick them up tomorrow...Best of luck to all!!
                  Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                  July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                  Non-Pro Pics:
                  http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
                  Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#129 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                  • 2,287 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:59 AM

No worries, I just can't do the dreaded shake thing either, BARF!!!! lol

4 more days until my first cheat day, wooo hoo!!!!!!! so far, I plan to eat a bagel from Tim Horton's and a blizzard from DQ. YUM!!

#130 finzup

finzup
                    • 468 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:24 AM

OK I drank one of the shakes last night. I was prepared for the absolute worst (not being able to drink it) but I managed.
                      I used about 9 oz of cold tap water and 1 scoop of the EAS Myoplex vanilla. I used a shaker cup and shook the sh*t out of it!!
                      Then I just held my nose and chugged it and I managed to drink it all.
                      I think I can manage to drink these.. The worst part though was after I finished, I still could taste the shake... I had to go brush my teeth right away!

If anyone's interested, the kind I got was EAS Myoplex Vanilla powder from Sams Club and it was $28 and has 75 servings.
                      1 scoop has
                      120 calories, 2g fat, 3 carbs (1 sugar), 23 protein

-Katie
                      Have you met Alice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users