Photo

Why my $400+ wedding shoes got replaced by some $50 ones :)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 islandbride317

islandbride317
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

MarieSam --

Your red shoes are MAGNIFICENT and totally seem to fit your personality that I feel like I've gotten to know here on BDW! There sweet and beautiful, but sassy and sophisticated -- they're SO YOU!

And while the white Cole Haan's are amazing, I don't think they have the same pizzazz as the less expensive red ones. (My FI just walked into the room and he said the red ones are far sexier, too! Always nice to get the male perspective, eh?)

CONGRATS on making the best decision to go with the red....and save a little green while you were at it!

#22 baj

baj
    • 1,555 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:12 PM

I really like the red rather than the first pair.

I am all for comfort so will just be wearing a wedge flip flop that no one's going to see under my dress any way.

#23 D&ESept2009

D&ESept2009
      • 317 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:47 AM

The red shoes are hot!

#24 Jenn&Kraig

Jenn&Kraig
        • 190 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:14 PM

I agree with the ladies,the red are beauties!!

question, are you having your ceremony on a hard surface? I would love to wear heals, but I want my ceremony on the sand, flip floppy sandals for me I guess...lol

#25 Chanti

Chanti
          • 310 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:20 PM

Great choice MS!!!

I did red shoes too, and loved them!!! Mind you, mine did cost me $400 including the dye job, but so worth it :-) I'll be posting photos of the wedding now that I received my pro pics.

Jenn, I got married on the beach with my high heels. There are little rubber "stopper" that are clear that you can put over your heels to protect them and stabilize you when walking on "shifty" surfaces. I paid $5 for them here in Toronto, and they worked beautifully :-)

#26 tracyann

tracyann
            • 189 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:34 PM

Love the red shoes!!

#27 Kristin_And_Stewart

Kristin_And_Stewart
              • 153 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

Woohoo!!! those red shoes are gorgeous!!

#28 Jenn&Kraig

Jenn&Kraig
                • 190 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:27 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Chanti
                  Great choice MS!!!

I did red shoes too, and loved them!!! Mind you, mine did cost me $400 including the dye job, but so worth it :-) I'll be posting photos of the wedding now that I received my pro pics.

Jenn, I got married on the beach with my high heels. There are little rubber "stopper" that are clear that you can put over your heels to protect them and stabilize you when walking on "shifty" surfaces. I paid $5 for them here in Toronto, and they worked beautifully :-)
                  Chanti,

I have never heard of this!! I will have to ask around the bridal stores here for these "stoppers"..lol,...Of course someone has made these! Oh the wedding industry, a kazillion dollar industry!!! lol

#29 VioletVol

VioletVol
                  • 151 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:25 AM

This makes me laugh, I would have done the same thing. Well I'm probably to cheap to buy the $400 pair to begin with, but I would have wanted to, but I totally would have traded them for the cute & cheap ones. :)

#30 Lashawn

Lashawn
                    • Banned
                    • 156 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:58 PM

Great choice.. they are super cute

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users