Why my $400+ wedding shoes got replaced by some $50 ones :)

Well I meant to post about this way before my wedding, but well … yanno, life and last minute wedding madness got in the way. So Iâ€m now trying to catch up! wink.gif

Some of you may have read about my wedding shoe splurge earlier this year ~ my gorgeous Cole Haanâ€s!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t37063

Click the image to open in full size.

It was love at first sight I tell ya, and when I read that they came with Nike Air technology for added comfort I was sold. Well to my surprise, Tommy actually wasnâ€t mortified by my outrageously high purchase …hmmm although he did ask if the shoes came with a $400 check, hehehe bastard, lol. But really, he was fine with it and said if thatâ€s what I wanted for our wedding day then it was all good.

Ok so hereâ€s the kicker …. Those mother F$%kers hurt and were NOT comfortable at all. sad.gif That damn Nike Air technology was for the birds and I couldnâ€t fathom spending that much money on shoes that did not feel good on my feet. So with much dismay they went straight back to Nordstroms -- ok well actually I kept em for about 3 months in hopes they would suddenly feel good because they were so freaking pretty, but they never did, so back they went. *sigh*

In the meantime I ended up finding these fabulous Pierre Dumas shoes at Piperlime.com (pics below) – (FYI I just ordered them in gold and silver too because cute gold/silver shoes that donâ€t look ghetto cheap are hard to find, lol!) Shoes, handbags: Your insiderâ€s guide to sandals, dress shoes, boots, casual shoes, handbags and more for women, men and kids | Piperlime

Amid my disappointment with my Cole Haanâ€s I ultimately decided I wanted shoes that would pop under my dress and also compliment the red amaryllis in my bouquet. So when I found these, I was in love!!! And they only cost me $50 with free shipping ~ super deal! Now come the wedding day, after walking around cobble stone streets during our first look session and in the sand (yes girls, I dragged my ass across the sand wearing these shoes) my feet were killin me! But luckily I had already planned to go barefoot for the ceremony and had some cute flip flops for the reception. wink.gif

So after this long ass rant …. The moral of this story is: BUY SHOES THAT ARE FABULOUS AND COMFORTABLE unless they are dirt cheap THEN MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACK UP PAIR FOR THE REST OF YOUR WEDDING!!! bunny_4.gifbunny_4.gif

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks girls ~ I'm glad I went with my reds too!! I think it was meant to be wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloo79 View Post
I too love the shoes you wore on your special day! Thanks for sharing your story with us. It makes me feel better to know this as I'm always buying cheap things and wondering if I'm missing out on the more expensive items - I guess not! lol
Lisa, that is another reason why I wrote this post!

***Designer lines and high price tags don't automatically mean they're better ~ so for those brides on budgets, don't feel like your "cheap find or steal" isn't as great as other items with a flashy name and outrageous price tag. I'm such a proponent of blending styles and fashion of all levels ~ some of my best ensembles consist of a Target dress, $100 sandals and $2 earrings rolleyes.gif Go with what makes you feel beautiful and I say, if it's cheaper, then even better!!!