Photo

Why my $400+ wedding shoes got replaced by some $50 ones :)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 MarieSam

MarieSam
  • VIP Member
  • 2,336 posts
    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:23 AM

Well I meant to post about this way before my wedding, but well … yanno, life and last minute wedding madness got in the way. So I’m now trying to catch up!

Some of you may have read about my wedding shoe splurge earlier this year ~ my gorgeous Cole Haan’s!
    Click the image to open in full size.

It was love at first sight I tell ya, and when I read that they came with Nike Air technology for added comfort I was sold. Well to my surprise, Tommy actually wasn’t mortified by my outrageously high purchase …hmmm although he did ask if the shoes came with a $400 check, hehehe bastard, lol. But really, he was fine with it and said if that’s what I wanted for our wedding day then it was all good.

Ok so here’s the kicker …. Those mother F$%kers hurt and were NOT comfortable at all. That damn Nike Air technology was for the birds and I couldn’t fathom spending that much money on shoes that did not feel good on my feet. So with much dismay they went straight back to Nordstroms -- ok well actually I kept em for about 3 months in hopes they would suddenly feel good because they were so freaking pretty, but they never did, so back they went. *sigh*

In the meantime I ended up finding these fabulous Pierre Dumas shoes at Piperlime.com (pics below) – (FYI I just ordered them in gold and silver too because cute gold/silver shoes that don’t look ghetto cheap are hard to find, lol!)

#2 michellepicksbrent

michellepicksbrent
    • 1,448 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:20 AM

I am sad to hear that the Cole Haan's were uncomfortable, just when I thought they had found a way to make sexy shoes as comfy as a pair of runners...
      I love the shoes you ended up wearing on your wedding day! The pop of colour looks great under the dress!

#3 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
      • 2,287 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:41 AM

I too love the shoes you wore on your special day! Thanks for sharing your story with us. It makes me feel better to know this as I'm always buying cheap things and wondering if I'm missing out on the more expensive items - I guess not! lol

#4 MarieSam

MarieSam
        • VIP Member
        • 2,336 posts
          • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:53 AM

Thanks girls ~ I'm glad I went with my reds too!! I think it was meant to be
          I too love the shoes you wore on your special day! Thanks for sharing your story with us. It makes me feel better to know this as I'm always buying cheap things and wondering if I'm missing out on the more expensive items - I guess not! lol
          Lisa, that is another reason why I wrote this post!

***Designer lines and high price tags don't automatically mean they're better ~ so for those brides on budgets, don't feel like your "cheap find or steal" isn't as great as other items with a flashy name and outrageous price tag. I'm such a proponent of blending styles and fashion of all levels ~ some of my best ensembles consist of a Target dress, $100 sandals and $2 earrings Go with what makes you feel beautiful and I say, if it's cheaper, then even better!!!

#5 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
          • 2,287 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:36 AM

I agree! Things are WAY overpriced!!!!

#6 jetsbride

jetsbride
            • 794 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:55 AM

Those are awesome shoes mariesam! Love them!!!

#7 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
              • 2,754 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:19 AM

Sorry to hear about the first pair From a fellow pop-of-color-shoe bride I think you ended up with a wonderful choice!

#8 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,921 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:22 AM

Very cool!!!!!
                  great choice by the way.

#9 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,532 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

MarieSam - I like your second shoes better anyway - they look amazing on you and are so much more fun! The comfort and price is an added bonus

#10 Jess

Jess
                    • 4,455 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:29 AM

I have the same shoes (not for wedding shoes, just for fun shoes) - good taste MarieSam as always ;P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users