card box at reception?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Mmack

• 118 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:48 AM

I am very unsure about a card box. I don't wanna be like "wheres my card??"....i agree, leave someone in charge. What do you do if people actually brings wrapped gifts tho? Take them on your honeymoon, ship them home or leave with someone??

Our wedding is in 11 weeks!!! Can't wait to be a Mrs.!!

#22 skp1

• 405 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

We didn't do one.  I think some people are used to having a box but old school is that you hand envelopes to the bride or groom directly.  Apparently a few guests asked and our banquet manager was scrambling around for something and told me.  I just told her to tell those people to give them to the groom.  We had a small box under our table for my purse, shawl, etc, so we just stashed them there. 

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#23 Sllefebvr

• 1,008 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:47 PM

Thanks for all of this great input!!!

#24 all the love

all the love
        • Site Supporter
        • 133 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:58 PM

We very clearly told our guests not to bring any gifts or any money for us to Mexico, since we didn't want to have to keep track of it all. I hadn't thought about cards though, and I agree that if I was attending a DW I would take a card!

#25 Julia Pargaru

Julia Pargaru
          • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

I was very clear to all quests not to bring gifts/money/etc to Jamaica, but I have Guest Libs wedding edition (something like this:http://www.youplusdallas.com/cityblog/style/tag/wedding-libs/) and I want to have a card box for people to drop them into. It will also be a place where people can put their envelopes if they do insist on bringing a gift. Where can I find a foldable box? bardboard, mesh, wire, anything! Anyone has any DIY tricks for making a pretty box that folds and unfolds, like a cake box from a bakery? I think I just answered my own quesion... I'm going to buy a cake and use the box. 

#26 sswed13

• 178 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

I don't think we will be putting a box on display, but I do like the drawstring bag idea. I am thinking I will be having my mom as the go-to person. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users