Photo

card box at reception?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 angie8119

angie8119
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:10 PM

Is this tacky? People are paying all this money to go to the wedding, but we're putting alot of money out to have it. I don't expect a gift, but for those that do give one i'd rather have it all togethor in one spot. thoughts??

#2 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
    • 653 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:33 PM

I wondered the same thing... we have said no gifts, but I know some family will probably still want to give us something, or heck, even just cards of best wishes!

I have a friend who is designated as the 'wedding coordinator', so I was thinking of just having her bring along a nice white drawstring bag or something in case this does happen.

#3 whitechocolate

whitechocolate
      • 127 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:57 PM

I have already made a card box because I was on a DIY binge (lol), but I see where you're coming from.. I think I'll put mine somewhere out of the way so it's not screaming "Where are my gifts?!" but people can still place their cards in one spot if they do have them. I like the idea of a drawstring bag, too. :)

#4 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
        • 929 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

We did a card box for our AHR, but did not do one at the actual wedding in Maui. I never even considered it; I just assumed (& was correct), that nobody would be bringing a gift since they traveled so far to our wedding. Also, I think b/c everyone knew we were having an AHR, they were just going to bring their gift to the party. So, I guess it might depend on whether you are having an AHR.

#5 shellk

shellk
          • 1,784 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:44 PM

you can get really nice card boxes off the net.i am doing it for our ahr just so at the end of the evening you can pick the box up and thats it rather than go round hunting for cards.

my sis got married 4th july and she had one and mum just put it at the side of her and my sis just kept bringing them to her.i made it with just a box wrapped in silver paper.no-one could see it.

#6 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
            • 475 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:54 PM

Similarly - we just did a card box for the AHR. We only had 2 (I hope it was only 2) people bring cards to Jamaica, and they both put them on the table with the cake. I hadn't considered needing anything as I thought most people would just hold on to them for the AHR, if they gave us anything. Them coming was enough.
              Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#7 bearbunny

bearbunny
              • 183 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:04 PM

we are not having an ahr but def not bringing a card box with us to the wedding ...i don't expect to many cards with all the cost involved in traveling ...although i would probably give a card if I was attending one :)

#8 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
                • 376 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:09 PM

I think maybe if you have a bunch of people at the ceremony it would be appropriate but if you're thinking only a small number will attend, I wouldn't do it.

#9 poohshek

poohshek
                  • 1,456 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:58 PM

Hmm... I have never seen one at a wedding reception and maybe it is a new wedding trend/custom. Our guests gave us cards when we met up at the resort and we didn't have to worry about gifts at the reception. This is optional IMHO.

#10 debbmach

debbmach
                    • 1,457 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:50 PM

I've also been wondering the same thing. We're having an AHR, so I'm assuming that people will give us our give there and not in Jamaica. I guess you can never be too ready though!
                      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users