Feeling a little down/pissed

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
  • 653 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:32 PM

Sorry to hear that Lisa!
    I went through the same thing with my uncle... my aunt said, if he wants to come, he will find a way to afford it.
    Tell her how you feel, it probably won't change her plans, but at least you'll feel better getting it off your chest!

Hope your day gets better!

#12 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
    • 2,287 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:34 PM

Thanks everyone for the great advice. I do feel better now but I know I'll feel better when I talk to her. It just sucks, that's all!

#13 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
      • 573 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:57 PM

I am sorry you have to deal with this. Good luck with your talk, I hope everything works out for the best. Keep us posted

#14 Danielle77

Danielle77
        • 200 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:18 PM

I agree with the other ladies, talk to her. Atleast you will get it out there and hopefully get past the angry feelings. You never know when she realizes how important it is for you to have he there maybe she will reconsider. I hope everything works out.

#15 tata2

tata2
          • 76 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:42 PM

Lisaloo I know how you feel, my cousin who is older than I by 10 years so... 52 told me that my wedding in mexico was an inconvinence to her and her family. Seriously an inconvinence WTF!!
            So I agree with Jerseykittens bestfriend, If someone wants to be there they will move mountains to be there. And those who try to move them but can't you see their sweat from trying and understand. But really those who say and do these things to us are showing us who they really are and we should not waste our time or energy on them.
            Get a hairdresser and makeup artist in Jamacia and have a Wonderful fun filled week with those who are there with you so you have lots of to brag about to Miss Europe. She will be the only one that loses out on the fun!!

#16 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
            • 2,287 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:33 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by tata2
              Lisaloo I know how you feel, my cousin who is older than I by 10 years so... 52 told me that my wedding in mexico was an inconvinence to her and her family. Seriously an inconvinence WTF!!
              So I agree with Jerseykittens bestfriend, If someone wants to be there they will move mountains to be there. And those who try to move them but can't you see their sweat from trying and understand. But really those who say and do these things to us are showing us who they really are and we should not waste our time or energy on them.
              Get a hairdresser and makeup artist in Jamacia and have a Wonderful fun filled week with those who are there with you so you have lots of to brag about to Miss Europe. She will be the only one that loses out on the fun!!
              Miss Europe - lol I LOVE that! I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through as well. I guess all of us, at some point or another are having the same experiences.

Thanks everyone for your support, it really has made me feel alot better.

#17 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
              • 2,233 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:06 AM

So sorry to hear this. Hope you are feeling better. I think we all have someone that is important to us coming, then things change and they aren't coming. Regardless who comes and doesn't you will have a wonderful wedding day!
                July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#18 KristieF

KristieF
                • 64 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:34 PM

So sorry you are going through this! I agree with the other ladies, talk to her and express how upset you are that she isn't coming. If you're anything like me, if you don't let her know it will eat you up inside and this could end up being something that ruins your relationship with her. But whether she ends up going or not I know you and your hubby will have an amazing trip, and she will regret not going when everyone is sharing the stories of all the fun they had at your wedding!

#19 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
                  • 2,458 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:50 PM

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this - planning a DW is supposed to fun and exciting - but as we've all seen from posts like yours, sometimes people can be just plain inconsiderate!! When we first started talking about our DW with family members everyone was so excited and talking about what a blast it would be and how they were looking forward to this amazing vacation/celebration. FI even had one of his cousins say that they were coming whether we invited them or not, lol (originally we were only inviting parents and siblings) because they just thought it would be that much fun. But now that it's time to make reservations it's funny how many excuses we are hearing about why people can't make it.

I completely agree with what jerseykitten said - if guests truly want to be there, they will find a way to be there. And if they don't want to be there, you and your FI, as well as the rest of your guests are going to have an amazing time regardless of who can't make it.

It sucks, but all you can do is talk to her about it and then move on. Just try not to waste your energy dwelling on it. (((hugs)))
                    Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#20 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
                    • 3,347 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:57 PM

Lisa- I don't know how I missed this thread but I just want to give you a big hug and tell you that I know how you feel. I think a lot of us do. It may be a different person for each of us or several people that end up disappointing us, people we thought would be there for anything.

I'd offer to come to your wedding, but I suck at hair and makeup! lol

Anyways, big hugs hun.
                      ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users