Photo

Picking a destination

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jamael

Jamael
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:44 PM

I've been looking through many forums daily for the last few months. I'm trying to plan my destination wedding down south for the last few months. I have run into more road blocks than I thought was possible. I'm now on my third travel agent as the other two went on vacation and never got back to me! I'm looking for help in picking a destination wedding that is free, preferably in the Dominican or Mexico. I have been considering Dreams in Punta Cana or La Romano, however things seem to be booking up faster than I can plan. Does anyone know any other good resorts that are reasonably priced?

#2 *Karla*

*Karla*
    • 4,854 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:46 PM

Congrats and Welcome to the Forum! Happy Planning
      Check out the threads in the DR section, they should be of some assistance to you.

#3 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
      • 2,115 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

Congrats and Welcome! I'm getting married at the Excellence in Punta Cana check out the Thread under Dominican Republic you should get all the answer to your questions there!

#4 Jamael

Jamael
        • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:22 PM

thanks for your help!

#5 Ashley0802

Ashley0802
          • 279 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:24 PM

Congrats & Welcome! im sure you will be able to find what you need here!

#6 Sascha Gluck Photography

Sascha Gluck Photography

Insiders

• Insiders
            • 1,538 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:30 PM

Hi, welcome to the Forum and good luck with everything.....

#7 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
              • Vendor
              • 2,782 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:04 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jamael
                I've been looking through many forums daily for the last few months. I'm trying to plan my destination wedding down south for the last few months. I have run into more road blocks than I thought was possible. I'm now on my third travel agent as the other two went on vacation and never got back to me! I'm looking for help in picking a destination wedding that is free, preferably in the Dominican or Mexico. I have been considering Dreams in Punta Cana or La Romano, however things seem to be booking up faster than I can plan. Does anyone know any other good resorts that are reasonably priced?
                I think on average Mexico may be cheaper than Punta Cana
                Again that does depend on your date,but Punta Cana still tends to be more expensive(personal experience)

#8 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
                • 443 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:54 PM

Congrats! Unfortunately I do not think anything is really cheap, just less expensive... we are getting married at Moon Palace in Cancun but its pretty pricey...it had better be as good as my FI says it is!

#9 lrdavis23

lrdavis23
                  • 876 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:33 PM

Congrats and welcome, I just went thru everything you are going thru. My original destination was Aruba, but it was very expensive for my guest. I ended up choosing Dreams Punta Cana, because overall for me and my guest it had the best rates, it had a great wedding package and a beautiful resort. The Dominican Republic forum really help me in choosing my resort and finding information. Good Luck with everything !
                    Married June 18, 2010 @ Dreams Punta Cana

#10 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
                    • 5,705 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:02 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users