New from Calgary, Alberta

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 KRama

• 421 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by blackrose_222
    I'm having my reception at the Varsity Community Centre, over by the university - but I also have lots of information available on Community Centre's as well... please see attached.

We are having the ceremony at the Prince Of Faith Church - which is over by the Village Square Leisure Centre. And...
    We are having a Calgary Flames meets Cinderella wedding (I know - isn't it crazy. Really it is a Calgary Flames themed wedding, but I want to be a princess - so Cinderella is making it in there too)! Everything is going really well!
    You just made my life so easy! We're also looking into community halls and you just saved me a ton of work! THANKS!

And I love your theme! I'm a HUGE Flames fan! I hope you post pics, I'd love to see how that all comes together!

#32 islandbride317

• 1,866 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:04 PM

You're gonna LOVE being a part of this amazing forum!!!

My best advice as you start down the road to your wedding day would be just to take your time and do lots of research before you book or buy anything (resort, dress, flowers, you name it!) and make sure it's all that you've envisioned for your BIG DAY!

And that's where this phenomenal site comes in: BDW has proven to be invaluable in my planning, and it's comforting to know that there are other brides and grooms out there experiencing the same highs and lows during their planning process...a friend is always just on the other side of your computer screen!

CONGRATULATIONS and Welcome to BDW...it's a wedding-planning heaven!

#33 blackrose_222

• 24 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:36 PM

Glad I could help, KRAMA! I put a lot of work into this. There is also a book you can pick up from Chapters called "The Calgary Bride". It has lots of useful information - and a table similar to mine (except I found the book, after I had made the table! LOL). Good luck planning! I will definitely add pics!
        Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.

Wedding set - March 20, 2010
        Getting married at Prince of Faith Luthern Church
        Reception at Varisty Community Hall

#34 Huey

• 74 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:25 PM

YAY Flames fan!!!!!! I'm in Edmonton now, but I grew up in Calgary! Congrats!!

#35 jenniebey

• 842 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:25 AM

Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to the forum.

#36 JOSIE

• 1,792 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:34 AM

Congrats, Happy DW planning!

#37 echo2_62

• 1,049 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:37 PM

Yay for another Calgary bride! Have fun searching through everything here.. there is SO much!

#38 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:22 PM

congrats! welcome! and happy planning!

#39 TCIbride

• 189 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:23 PM

Welcome and happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users