Website question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jessiee223

• 128 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:42 PM

We are getting married at the RIU resort in the Riviera Maya where they have a strict policy that 80% of the wedding guests need to be staying in the hotel. I also think having the majority of guests at the same resort will be much more fun (and help our very tight budget). Is there a polite way to encourage guests to stay at the wedding hotel without sounding tacky or cheap? I was thinking of putting a note on our website, but I'm having some second thoughts. Any ideas?
    Jessie and Jeff - Mexico 2010

#2 JCruz

• 154 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:02 PM

I think by including travel information on just the resort you are staying at, it will be implied that guests should be booking their travel there too.

On our website, there are instructions on how to book their vacation with our travel agent and I don't even make mention of other options.

#3 Christy335

• 128 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:44 PM

I agree with JCruz, just put the info for your resort on your website. Just label it "Guest Accomodations" and it will be implied that all of your guests will be staying there. People will probably talk to you before they book anyway, so just talk up your resort and say how excited you will be to spend that time hanging out by the beach/pool/bar with everyone for the whole trip. No one will want to stay far from that kind of fun!

#4 s_katrese

• 182 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:20 PM

I was having the same problem...thanks ladies for the helpful info.

#5 J&MWedding

• 612 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:58 PM

I did what everyone else said above me. I just put where we were staying on our website and included all the fun things to do at the resort along with the restaurants/bars to get guests excited about staying there. So far, only one person is staying offsite.

My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#6 mexicana bride

mexicana bride
            • 165 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:41 AM

We got a quote and locked down the price of the resort for all our guests. Then when we send out our STD's we put all the info on it. That way the people know we got them a good deal and put work into it, to save them the hassle. The majority of our guests will be staying at our resort now.

#7 jessiee223

• 128 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:53 AM

Thanks everyone for the advice. This helps a lot!
                Jessie and Jeff - Mexico 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users