It's my turn to vent!

jk1101

I am so annoyed...I knew some people wouldn't be coming to the wedding, but now it's just getting ridiculous.

I already knew my sister wasn't coming. I'm over that nightmare.

My aunt and uncle, who when I sent the STDs responded that they wouldn't miss our wedding for the world, told my mom last weekend that now they couldn't come because they had to buy a new car. My cousins told my mom that they weren't sure...and then they also told my mom that the travel agent told them that they could only come for 4 nights or they couldn't come at all....

WTFhuh.gif

Nobody has called me to ask me any questions!

My Travel Agent hasn't called me to tell me anyone has even called her with questions!

I always knew how important my friends were to me....but now I'm really seeing it.

The only family either FI or I will have will be our parents. Everyone else coming will be friends.

I know there are so many brides going through the exact same thing.....I feel better just sharing it.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

girl oh my gosh! people always say " I wouldnt miss it for the world" and then oops I guess I cant come now. It is soo unbelievably frustrating!! but I just try to go with the flow. You get so much flack from people and that just adds to stress. Im so glad we have this site to vent on!!!! let it all out!

I am really sorry that the people you were counting on to support you on this day are not able to make it. I know how frustrating that is as I have dealt with it as well! Just try to stay positive and happy. I know that is even harder - but remember this day is about your love and your future. Try not to get bogged down by other influences.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I actually posted a vent a few days ago cause I am going through the same thing, but for us it is the FI fam is not going (not 1 single person) and only 2 of his friends are showing. The rest is just a few family members of mine and around 3 friends. I was so upset at the FI fam that I felt like screaming and/or crying. I'm just going to tell you what everyone has told me....the most important thing of all is that you have eachother and what makes it even better is that you have the most important people out of your families going...your parents...that is awesome. Everyone else is missing out..trust me when they see the pictures and hear the stories of the DW they are going to be the ones feeling left out!!

I know its hard...Its hard for me and my FI (he really wanted his mom and bro to be there especially) but you cant force anyone to go and what are you going to do...right? I'm hoping that the day of the wedding things will go so beautifully that I forget all the chaos and so does my FI and all turns out great and I am hoping the same for your big day.

And if you still feel stressed then take a boxing/tae bo or turbo jam class so you can punch out the frustration and look good doing it..lol...thats what Ive been doing :-)

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this, Michele! As I told another bride on here, people tend to be very selfish and don't hold attending weddings as a priority in their lives- even if they are close to the bride or groom! It's just 'too much to be bothered with' and I think it's sad. It seems gone are the days when people SHOWED they cared by going places and doing things for others even if they didn't want to. It all chalks up to laziness in my opinion!

So sorry to hear that. It is so frustrating when people say "yah yah yah I'm coming" and then change their tune. It's especially disappointing when it's family. Just have fun with your friends and the others will be sad when they hear everything they missed out on.

michele, i am SO sorry that it's continuing to be such a struggle with you and your FI's fam! has your MOH booked yet? i know you mentioned she promised she would!

i think it's pretty revealing to find out people's priorities when they have to do more than just drive to get to a family member's (or even friend's) wedding. what i think it should say more though, is how awesome your friends are and that you've got a great group around you, regardless of it's family or friends! and when in doubt, you know you have all of us to vent to!

Bless your heart Jerseykitten!!! what you need here is a paradigm switch. don't think about all the people that will miss your wedding, think about ALL the money you will save with less people!!!!

at the end of the day, we all want everyone to be there - but if they are not so what! you and your FI will be there and that is really all you need (well -plus the witnesses of course). you can see everyone else when you get home.

like a bunch of people have already said - they will be soooo sorry they missed it. :)