Casa De Campo

Nonnie

I am getting married in Punta Cana and want my Honeymoon somewere else on the island. Some research pulled up La Romana and I have fallen in love with the idea. Now I am trying tp pick a hotel and I am very tempted by Casa De Campo.

Has anyone been there? If so what did you think?

Did it feel safe? It looks like a gated community

Are the meals very expensive? We would rather not go all inclusive, but I don't want to get there and end up paying $10 for a slice of toast.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Hi Nonnie - we are getting married at Casa de Campo in the church at Altos Chevron. We are having our entire guests book an all inclusive package because the prices for food and beverage alone are pretty outrageous. This is definitely a safe resort with 5 star restaurants, spa, it has twenty something restaurants...you can even get a private villa with your own pool. This resort is top notch!!!! I am so excited to get married there but we are actually doing the opposite of you and going to punta cana for our honeymoon :) If you have any questions let me know ...happy to give you all the information I have.

• 1 month later...

Hey bear bunny,

I am getting married at casa de campo also but I haven't gotten anywhere with the wedding planner. I am actually having a big wedding about 200 guests which is probably making everything a little complicated. I wanted to know how things were going with you over there. Where did you decide to do reception. Are you using your own decorator? Who have you been in contact with? Thanks for your help.

Hi Stephanie,

Congrats! Wow you are having a huge wedding there - it will be gorgeous To be honest I had a lot of trouble getting in touch with them at first as well. When I finally did things started to move along some what..they wait until they get close to the date to really hammer out all the detials. I have everything booked but still have a lot of work to do with them in terms of cake, food, music etc. I am working with the casa de campo wedding coordinator for everything - decor as well. When are you getting married? Have you be in touch with the wedding coordinator? If so who are talking with? I will send you everything I have to help you get moving along.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I recently took a day trip to CDC and sat with their chef for a taste testing.  The food was incredible.  Typically, the cost is $60 per person for a tasting, but we managed to have it free of charge.

Has anyone stayed at CDC before?  On our trip the resort was very quiet and there were barely any people out.  Is it typically very quiet?  Is there music by the pool or the beach?  Howâ€s the nightlife?

Iâ€ve heard thereâ€s a band near the hotel pool that plays from Wed-Sundays – does anyone know what kind of music they play and if people dance?  Also, howâ€s Onnoâ€s bar in Altos De Chavon.  We expect close to 100 guests who would be traveling to our wedding and Iâ€m concerned that this resort will be too calm/non-eventful for them….any thoughts?

• 1 month later...

I also I have not gotten anywhere with the wedding planner. I ask a question they respond with one. I got soo irritated I numbered my questions. In 3 emails back and forth not one question was answered. I have no idea what to do not. I'm getting married at Casa De Campo in May 2013 and I can't get any answers. Flowers what types, how much, photographer, does the resort have one, how much is it? civil ceremony on the beach, can the resort provide simple decorations? how many days do I have to be there before we can marry? They just keep telling me they can do it. At this point I want to pull my hair out. It takes 2-3 days to get a response back!