Photo

Kits55 DIY and Planning Project Thread

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#31 michellepicksbrent

michellepicksbrent
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:21 AM

WOW! Your DIY stuff looks amazing!! I especially love your invites, so classy!

#32 Bali83

Bali83
    • 221 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:14 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Kits55
      Here is the planning thread that I got the template from. It's from Amyh. My fiance did pretty much all of the cutting and he may have modified a few things but I think it was pretty easy for him. Also a note: if you are going to use metallic papers when you use the tape/glue make sure that you do it along the edges of both pieces of paper that you are sticking together. We only did it on the pockets (not the pockets AND the back) and most of ours fell off in the mail. It was also freezing cold which took the stickiness away but just a little tip! :) Amyh may have mentioned that in her thread too.

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t17565 (you'll find the template link in post #1)
      I saw the template for the invitation but am actually interested in the flower graphic...I'd appreciate any help you can give me :) Thanks!!

#33 Kits55

Kits55
      • 607 posts
      • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
      • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:48 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jmb0902
      AH I was SO excited to see this - I am so glad someone has used it! Everything you did turned out amazing! :)
      Hi JMB! I am so glad you found my thread! I wanted you to know that I did actually use your template. People think it's really cool, as do I! I think yours look cooler but I totally love the template! It's definitely one of my favorite on BDW! Thanks again for sharing and thanks for the compliments
      I saw the template for the invitation but am actually interested in the flower graphic...I'd appreciate any help you can give me :) Thanks!!
      ooohhh, I get it now! :) The flower is actually a custom stamp that I had made. I think I was on drugs when I developed the whole concept. I knew what I was looking for and couldn't find it over a couple of months of searching. Then I finally found some info online that I could use any piece of paper or image to create my own design. I knew I had found some online retailers that create custom stamps from black and white images. I searched 8 different scrapbook stores for paper with a pattern I loved. I found a few and then I had to scan the paper. The scanned image was opened in Photoshop and changed to black and white. Then we had to isolate the image and clean it up a bit (took about 9 hours). THEN I sent the 300dpi image to the stamp creator and the stamp was born.

Haha, that was really long winded but to the make the story short I don't have the stamp because it's somewhere back in the US and I'm in Africa now. Sorry I can't be more help. I may have the image somewhere still if you think you want to order your own stamp.

#34 dawnkyeknod

dawnkyeknod
      • 303 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:30 PM

THANKS!!! love all of your little touches. :)

#35 Kits55

Kits55
        • 607 posts
        • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
        • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:40 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by michellepicksbrent
        WOW! Your DIY stuff looks amazing!! I especially love your invites, so classy!
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by dawnkyeknod
        THANKS!!! love all of your little touches. :)
        Thank you! I will be waiting to see your planning threads! :)

#36 super19

super19
        • 1,123 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

Wonderful job! Everything looks fabulous. More proof that this forum is a life saver!

#37 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:08 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Kits55

Thank goodness for Morgan!
            haha, thanks for this. I used to read the planning threads as soon as they came out, but I'm sooooo behind now so I just now saw this.

Everything turned out great. I really like your guest book.

#38 Chelymo

Chelymo
            • 327 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:25 PM

Love the invites - I am doing the damask print with teal and def got some ideas from you.

Thank you.
              http://i45.photobuck....ng/img-180.jpg
              Aracelis & DarrinMay 1st, 2010Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana

#39 jrprice24

jrprice24
              • 91 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:40 PM

You did such a great job and you have so many great ideas!! I'm looking into using your idea for the parasols, but... OT doesn't have them listed any more!?!!?!??
                I am now Mrs. Rohwedder!!

#40 Taylorbride

Taylorbride
                • 174 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:45 PM

Everything looks so great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users