Photo

Nibsmom's Moon Palace Wedding Review - 7.18.09

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 evtalbot

evtalbot
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:50 AM

Congrats, and thanks for the review! You looked so pretty! And everyone looks like they had a great time. I have the "free" package also, so I appreciate your list of things you added!

What is your opinion on having the ceremony in the gazebo vs. on the beach? Nick prefers the beach, but I am worried about wind, and more importantly, looking squinty in all of my pictures!

Also, how much did they charge for each bag of flower pedals? These are a MUST for me! :)

#32 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
    • 2,115 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:51 AM

Congratulations! You looked beautiful!

#33 nibsmom

nibsmom
      • 564 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:56 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Mrs D To Be!
        omg no way!!! honestly they are sooo cute - I wanted them soo bad when i saw them...but don't know if i'm upto the challenge!lol

thanks anyway
        Of course you are! The worst part was the spray painting, and I made Matt do that!! LOLOL! Well, I guess I did burn my finger with the hot glue gun once! Otherwise, I did it while watching TV!

#34 nibsmom

nibsmom
        • 564 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:57 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by slapsappyhappy
          I just went to david's bridal today, and I had your dresses in mind but my girls picked them out without any input from me! I really like that style, did they wear white or silver shoes? Did they think that it was comfortable? They look fabulous!
          YAY! I'm so glad you found great dresses!! My bridesmaids wore white shoes. I just told them to find white shoes that weren't flip flops and they found some great ones at payless. They went really well with the white parasols!

#35 nibsmom

nibsmom
          • 564 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:02 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by evtalbot
            Congrats, and thanks for the review! You looked so pretty! And everyone looks like they had a great time. I have the "free" package also, so I appreciate your list of things you added!

What is your opinion on having the ceremony in the gazebo vs. on the beach? Nick prefers the beach, but I am worried about wind, and more importantly, looking squinty in all of my pictures!

Also, how much did they charge for each bag of flower pedals? These are a MUST for me! :)
            Hmm...well, I guess it depends on what time of day your ceremony is. Mine was at 1pm, and I probably would have died of heatstroke if I had my ceremony on the beach, but that was in July! I don't know if you've come across cutierosie's review yet, but she had a beach wedding and wrote a really detailed review that I know has helped some MP brides decide between beach and gazebo ceremonies. I think either would be beautiful.

As far as the wind goes, yes, it is always a little windy, but it's not like gale force winds. LOL. I think you'll have to deal with it whether you're on the beach or in a gazebo, but honestly, I think it's more of a bonus than a drawback - it really cuts the heat!

The flower petals were 45 dollars a bag I believe. They are smaller bags, but two was enough for me to have my flower girls drop them and to have a petal toss at the end! I thought about bringing my own freeze dried but didn't want the hassle of having to bring them down. I know a few brides have done that though, cutierosie being one of them!

#36 Shinbinea

Shinbinea
            • 182 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:53 PM

Congratulations! you look beautiful :)

#37 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:45 AM

Nina, I keep checking back in hopes you have some pro pictures posted. :-)

#38 nibsmom

nibsmom
                • 564 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:06 AM

I think I might get my pro pics of the TTD back from Claudia Rodriguez soon. I got a paypal request from her yesterday saying all was ready. I keep checking my email to see if there is an online link or something!!!

#39 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
                  • 762 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:57 AM

Love love love all of the photos thanks for sharing and letting us see your amazing day!!! Congrats!

#40 cwelch

cwelch
                    • 115 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:21 PM

hello, i was wondering in the pic of ur dress ( below the pic of the groom and the 2 doods) and flowers are spread over your dress.. did u order those flowers from a specific place or at the resort?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users