Photo

Need Help on time of year to get married????

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 midnight24

midnight24
  • 754 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:13 AM

i say oct or feb only because the weather won't be as humid as the summer months. plus if you want to have a reception at home afterwards it's off season and will probably be less money.

i am planning a spring wedding and i had no idea that may/june were so popular for weddings and receptions. i know what you're thinking...how could i not know but until i got engaged i really didn't know anything wedding related. i wish i picked a different time of year to get married but work priorities are a factor for us.

#12 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
    • 929 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:19 AM

I say go for this Feb!! I was impatient too. We decided at the end of December to have our wedding in Mexico in May. We planned the whole wedding for May 28th, to be in Cancun, then 3 weeks before the wedding (b/c of the swine flu), we had to cancel & I was still able to plan an amazing wedding in Maui for the same date. All it takes is a time & dedication. Good luck!!

#13 nmoreau

nmoreau
      • 80 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

That is so crazy you basically planned 2 weddings in 6 monts! :-)
        That is good to know.... I think you are right the more time you take the more you will do. It just depends on timing and dedication.

So both have good and bad.

#14 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
        • 929 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:42 AM

I have to admit that it was quite stressful once we had to begin to plan wedding #2, but I refused to move my wedding date. We planned the first wedding in about 4 months & had no issues; I totally believe that if you have good communication with your wedding coordinator (& sometimes that means being a stalker :), that planning should go smoothly. I think 6 months is plenty of time to put together your dream DW. Now planning a wedding in 3 weeks, that I don't think I would recommend to anyone :) Good luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users