Sign in to follow this  
ali0284

Sand Ceremony

I think the sand ceremony is a great way to symbolize your marriage, two people joined as one. I think this is a great alternative to the unity candle.

Great Post! I was curious about this too! For the ladies who have done this- has your coordinator provided all of the supplies or will I have to look to bring sand and a container?

Thanks!

I recall seeing a thread on here with tips on how to protect the sand on your journey home--try doing a search. I vaguely remember reading that some resorts can prepare the sand bottle for you by specially sealing the lid. I also heard wrapping the jar in lots of bubble wrap helps minimize mixing.

I too did the sand ceremony in DR with Pastor York. I used a picture frame from khols but used a special glass glue (purchased at Michaels) to seal the glass. I wrapped the frame in bubble wrap and it made home fine. A little was mixed but the majority stayed in tack!

I like the picture frame idea, my FI doesn't like a lot of "stuff" around the house, but a picture frame would be nice