Photo

Rain?!?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ali0284

ali0284
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:21 PM

So i've heard that May is the "wet" month for PUnta Cana, but i've also heard that Sept. is more so....so does anyone know which one it is?
    ~*I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives a feeling an earthy feeling*~

#2 Sloan

Sloan
    • 1,279 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

I believe its both.

#3 sperger

sperger
      • Banned
      • 474 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:19 PM

I agree with sloan, both you have a chance of rain, but september has a slight chance of the general hurricane season too.

#4 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
        • Vendor
        • 2,782 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:55 PM

It rains but not all day. Usually evenings. 1-2 hour a day max

#5 ali0284

ali0284
          • 226 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:17 PM

Thanks guys!!
            ~*I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives a feeling an earthy feeling*~

#6 lesandlynda

lesandlynda
            • 199 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

It's really hard to pinpoint the highest chance of a rainy time - I've found it varies by as many people as you ask. Our experience is that winter (Dec - Mar) has the most rainy days, but even that seems to be changeable. Often it rains at night, making the morning wonderfully refreshed. If it does rain through the day, it' usually short n sweet, cooling the heat with a welcome break.
              To be extra safe, it's a good idea to have an alternative venue to the beach ceremony (or a protective overhead roof- like a gazebo) in case of inclimate weather.
              Many cultures consider rain occurring on a wedding day to be a very good omen...... good perspective !

#7 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
              • 280 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ali0284
                So i've heard that May is the "wet" month for PUnta Cana, but i've also heard that Sept. is more so....so does anyone know which one it is?
                Hi Ali,

I was there in May to see what it was like for my may 2010 wedding. It rained mostly every day but many times over night and a couple times in the afternoon for 30 minutes. I'm going to just enjoy myself and whatever happens, happens!

#8 ali0284

ali0284
                • 226 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

Thanks guys. I guess I can't get myself all worried, because it's something I have no control over!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users