Palm Tree Sympol/Font
Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:19 PM
Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:17 PM
Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:42 PM
| Originally Posted by Love3 |
I don't know what I am doing Do you have to download this?? I tried clicking on one that I liked and nothing happened WHat am I doing wrong? I have been trying to get a monogram for the last few weeks and have nothing Can't seem to find any template or anything to work for me
I feel your frustration, I've been working on the final touches of my invitations for the last two days straight and I still have things to fine tune!
As for the font in the link above, yes, you have to download it. Then once you do that you will have to open it and put it into the fonts folder on your computer so that all of your programs will be able to read it. I will do my best to write out steps for you! Ok, here goes...
1. Hit the download button and a window should pop up called "Opening wmtrees1.zip"
2. You then have the option to Open it or Save it. Personally I save it, so select "Save File" and hit OK. Your computer should start automatically downloading it.
3. Once it is downloaded you will need to open it. On my computer, when I save it, it will show up in a zipped folder on my desktop. Click the zipped folder to open it. A window should come up with the file for the font in it.
4. On the left hand side of the window it should say "File tasks", "Extract all files", click "Extract all files". Follow the instructions of the Extraction Wizard, it should be extracted to your desktop unless you change the folder location. It will aslo prompt you to open the extracted file... say yes.
5. When that window opens, hit "Folders". On the left hand side of the window, select "My Computer" and then "Control Panel". You should see things like "Administrative tools", "Fonts", "Network connections". Click and drag the font file, into the "Fonts" folder.
6. It should now be in the Font folder, (open the folder and look for the font just to be sure) and when you open any word processing program (like Publisher/Word etc) it should be there!!
I hope this helps and isn't too convoluted of a way to get the font, it's the only way I know how and I've downloaded many fonts in the process of making my monogram and invitations. It's worked every time for me!
Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:08 PM
Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:26 PM
Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:01 AM
Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:43 AM
Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:02 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users