Monogram Etiquette....?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OchieBride

• 109 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:21 PM

I read this statement

"proper monogram etiquette states that the married monogram should not be used on anything prior to the ceremony"

and I'm wondering if anyone used there monograms before the ceremony on invites, updates or anything else...I'm sure I saw people use them before hand on this site but I don't want to look make a fool of myself if I do!

#2 boscobel

• VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

Where did you find this? I never heard anything like that before, but honestly never looked into it! Interesting.

However, I'd say that most people aren't familiar with that etiquette, so do what you want. Pretty much the theme of this forum is to make it your own and do what you want for your wedding.

#3 Brenda&Jeff09

• 220 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:42 PM

I've never heard that before either... I've already used mine, and we're not getting married until December!

22 booked... we're ready to go!!!

#4 GregsBride

• 333 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:34 AM

I haven't heard of this before, which is probably the reason that I have already broken the rule!! I have already used mine to at least two project and will certainly use it again before I get married next April. Then again, there are tons of other "proper wedding etiquette" rules that I will break if I haven't already done so. I believe it's your wedding and you should be able to do things how you envision them.

#5 Geralyn

• 2,677 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:36 AM

I have seen people use their monogram prior to the ceremony...even on invitations ...it's really up to you and what you want to do

#6 stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,853 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:49 AM

Honey, dont believe everything you read!
              Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#7 JCruz

• 154 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:03 AM

I could only see that being the case if you were having a very traditional, formal wedding and even then that's pushing it. It's your wedding and I think you should do whatever you want to!

#8 jenninjamaica

• 547 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:45 AM

Break the mold!!! If you want to use it, don't let some stuffy old etiquette tell you not too!

#9 The Mandy in Chandy

The Mandy in Chandy
                  • 307 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:30 AM

rules are meant to be broken! I think that is a ridiculous rule anyway. What is so improper about it?

I seriously think a lot of these etiquette sites/books/articles whatever need some serious updating and modernizing.

#10 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
                    • 450 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

What a bizarre 'rule'....I have never heard of that and it really doesn't even make sense. I have been procrastinating making mine but when I do it will be on everything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users