Sign in to follow this  
OchieBride

Monogram Etiquette....?

I read this statement

"proper monogram etiquette states that the married monogram should not be used on anything prior to the ceremony"

and I'm wondering if anyone used there monograms before the ceremony on invites, updates or anything else...I'm sure I saw people use them before hand on this site but I don't want to look make a fool of myself if I do!

Where did you find this? I never heard anything like that before, but honestly never looked into it! Interesting.

However, I'd say that most people aren't familiar with that etiquette, so do what you want. Pretty much the theme of this forum is to make it your own and do what you want for your wedding.

I haven't heard of this before, which is probably the reason that I have already broken the rule!! I have already used mine to at least two project and will certainly use it again before I get married next April. Then again, there are tons of other "proper wedding etiquette" rules that I will break if I haven't already done so. I believe it's your wedding and you should be able to do things how you envision them.

I could only see that being the case if you were having a very traditional, formal wedding and even then that's pushing it. It's your wedding and I think you should do whatever you want to!