Photo

So very confused on what goes first and this works....please set me straight!!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
  • 301 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:15 PM

Ok, so i spend hours on this board...reading, admiring others work, and getting myself all pumped up...BUT i have no clue where to start!!!!

I really LOVE the passport idea..are these used for save the dates or as actual invites? or do you send out just a little save the date, and then send the passports like 6 months before?

Please help me, this debate is becoming a heated one amongst the "planners" aka me, my mom, and the soon to be hubby.

THANKS

#2 sperger

sperger
    • Banned
    • 474 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:24 PM

It's all completely up to you! i did a boarding pass as a STD, and then we are going to have some sort of formal invite (that, I am not making myself!)
      MANY have gone boarding pass then the "real invite" is the passport. Equally, some do a passport as a STD and then something else for the invite. Or vice versa, or none at all.
      Hopefully I've helped and not made you more confused!

#3 Brenda&Jeff09

Brenda&Jeff09
      • 220 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:53 PM

You can do it either way... we sent out very casual STD's and are doing a more formal invitation... but I love the passports as invites too! Just depends on what you want to do!
        http://tickers.Ticke....2315/event.png

22 booked... we're ready to go!!!

#4 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
        • 2,754 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:38 AM

Someone posted a somewhat similar thread earlier this week:

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t46613

#5 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
          • 301 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:45 PM

thanks girls for your input....how does this sound?
            the wedding is a year away (almost exactly)...i do have all the information regarding hotel, prices from TA, etc.etc.
            would it be weird to use the passports as the STD, and do a formal invite prior to the wedding say like 6 weeks before with an rsvp for the AHR and/or DW?

#6 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
            • 516 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:56 PM

We sent out little vista print magnets with a note as an STD as soon as we knew the date and location. Invites went out about 5 months ahead and they were boarding passes

#7 ajlbuaxo

ajlbuaxo
              • 175 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:40 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by budgetjamaicabride
                We sent out little vista print magnets with a note as an STD as soon as we knew the date and location. Invites went out about 5 months ahead and they were boarding passes
                This is something that I am planning on doing. I have an idea as to what all I am going to put on the note but what did you put? I just want to make sure I give them as much information as possible :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users