Photo

BD photog I cannot recommend

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 yamille

yamille
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:19 PM

I will second everything that Kristy has said. I couldn't believe it- I wanted to leave but thought well I rented the car and made the 2hr+ drive out here may as well go through with it.

Save your dollars girls and go to another photog who won't be a blow to your self esteem! I think what happened on the knot was maybe it was a different Jewel photo. I find it incredibly hard to believe. I know Casey and I were horrified the entire car ride home.

Then I went to Kamila and had a totally new experience.

:)

#12 Janet

Janet
    • VIP Member
    • 7,459 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:35 PM

ugh that totally sucks! I'm sorry

#13 Debs

Debs
      • VIP Member
      • 7,104 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

That's horrible that someone who is supposed to be a professional would do that to a client, and multiple clients at that.

So sorry that it didn't work out for you. I would have asked for a partial refund with all the extra work you had to do to make a useable book. Poop!

#14 Geralyn

Geralyn
        • 2,677 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:41 AM

so sorry you had such a bad experience

#15 *Casey*

*Casey*
          • 5,209 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:21 AM

I totally agree... I was one of the girls in the group. I was so disappointed with my proofs, that I spent the money and got them redone by a totally different photographer, who I loved! I doubt I will even look at the ones I got from Jewel Photography ever again. Yuck!

#16 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
            • 547 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:31 AM

Honest reviews are important on here, we're all looking for the truth! Thanks for reminding me that you get what you pay for. I'm so budget conscious, but at the end of the day photos are important to me and I don't want to be disappointed!
              *~*JENN*~*

#17 dimplz05

dimplz05
              • 214 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:42 PM

Wow! That doesn't sound like fun!! I am a little nervous about mine but I have heard good things about the studio who is doing mine so hopefully I will have a better experience!

#18 *Linds*

*Linds*
                • 5,776 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:46 PM

Wow. Thanks for sharing your honest review. I am so sorry that you didn't have the experience you were hoping for! As others have said, maybe you can have a re-do for an anniversary and get exactly what you were hoping for the first time around!
                  Loving married life! <3

#19 vdaybride

vdaybride
                  • 1,412 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:26 PM

So sorry that your photographer robbed you of the positive experience of a BD shoot. She sucks!! I am sure it is hard for you to look bad in a photo though! Congrats on being a Mrs.
                    Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#20 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:34 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Kristy!

I will also say though that my friend found her originally on theKnot.com and her reviews were outstanding. I don't get it because I can guarantee that not one of the five of us would recommend her.
                      Could she have been a former knottie? I've seen people rave about someone who really isn't very good just because they are a friend. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users