What to wear at AHR???

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 bosi

• 131 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:13 AM

Thanks, with all the positive posts on this thread,I think WILL waer my dres at all 3 receptions. poor FI does not know what he's gotten himself into. LOL.

#22 amyrot

• 188 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:54 AM

I'm absolutely wearing my dress at my AHR. Its at a casual place, but I don't care! I don't see any reason to go out and buy another dress for what is going to be my wedding reception- I should be wearing my WEDDING dress! Everyone will want to see it also! Just my opinion. I can't wait to wear it twice!

#23 MilitaryMrs.s-to be

MilitaryMrs.s-to be
      • 553 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:36 PM

I'm def wearing mine at our AHR, I'm prety excited to wear it twice!!! lol

I think I'll try to do my hair, semi the same?? What do you think?

#24 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:44 PM

Im wearing my dress to our AHR as well! Your guests would be so happy to see you in your attire!

#25 amyrot

• 188 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:40 PM

Military Mrs. To Be....good question. I'm not sure what I'm doing with my hair in the first place! I have to see how long it will grow. I am definitely wearing it up both times...so I'm thinking it will be somewhat similar both times!

#26 cece9922

• 60 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:53 PM

I'm glad I read this thread because I didn't really think it would be a good idea to wear my dress. I will have to have the bustle fixed cause hubby stepped all on my dress and kept popping the stitching, but I think I will at least wear it for a little while and then change into something a little warmer. Our AHR is on October 10th and its already getting a little chilly up in CT.

#27 Brooklyn Carolina

Brooklyn Carolina
              • 94 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:13 AM

The A line dress from the chinese whole sale is adorable!

#28 hulagirlkim

• 50 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:00 AM

My guy wants me to wear my dress, might as well get to wear it twice and I know people will enjoy seeing us in our wedding clothes.
                  I am so lucky to be marrying my best friend ~ Kim

#29 KJT1985

• 694 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

We "have" to have two AHRs. My fiance is from Canada and I'm from the US (we live in the US). His family is throwing us a PRE-wedding reception in November, we get married in February and then will have a post-wedding reception here in the US sometime in the spring/early summer. I bought a cheap dress on ebay that can easily serve as my TTD AND reception dress. It's currently a regular wedding dress but I want to have it shortened to knee length for the reception in November. It's simple and lightweight so it should work. I don't really want to run around wearing a full on wedding dress before we get married. I'm not superstitious, I just want it to be a new experience the day of the wedding. Then I'll probably wear my real wedding dress to the post-wedding reception. I'm SO excited that I get to wear it more than once! It's definitely something everybody should do - no matter how informal the AHR might be!

#30 brandynd

• 221 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:20 PM

I'm wearing my wedding dress too, until after our frst dance and then I'll change into a more comfortable party dress. It just seems appropriate because it is afterall a wedding reception!
                      There is no better gift that can be given than the gift of ones self.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users