Sign in to follow this  
Brenda&Jeff09

What to wear at AHR???

I was so surprised to find out that my fiance really wants me to wear my dress again at the AHR. I guess that it never occured to me to ask him about that (oops). He feels really strongly that our guests would really like to see me in my wedding dress. I was so touched that I think I may have changed my mind and am going to wear it. Maybe I will bring a back up in case I want to change later in the night.

Originally Posted by Taylorbride View Post

I'm wearing mine for the AHR. I'm worried b/c I cannot find a second dress for the TTD session @ a decent price. I honestly cannot afford anything over $100.00 for an EXTRA dress just for pictures. I want it to be long like my wedding dress. Any ideas?

Let me know if you find anything! I am looking for a cute, long white dress for the TTD session too. I'm fine getting a used wedding dress even, but would prefer to spend only about $50 on it.

My AHR will be more like a AHP (At Home Party) as we are renting an upstairs area at a bar and having beer/wine, hors d'oeurves, cupcakes, music, and a slideshow.  Because of that I don't want to wear my wedding dress again - close quarters, drinks to be spilled, and a casual atmosphere. 

My fiance and I will be getting legally marrried at the courthouse beforfe we fly to Mexico.  For that day I have bought a bridesmaid dress in white so as to be a bit dressed up, but not too much.  I plan on wearing that white bridesmaid dress for the AH"P" as well.  I still get my bridal white, but I get a dress that is a lot more appropriate for the event we are holding.

I am wearing my real dress again...have a second to change into and use for the TTD at the DW so I don't ruin my dress.  I am very excited to be able to wear it twice!!  When else does a girl spend that much money on an outfit that she will look that good in and only get to wear it so little!? 

Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post

I'm definitely wearing my wedding dress for the AHR. Can't wait to wear it twice!

I was talking to some people at work and they kind of gave me the look of "why would you do that" she even went so far as to say that a wedding dress is only meant for one day?!  OBVIOUSLY she has never been married so I figure she may feel different once her day comes.  But I have so many family members that can't go to jamaica for one reason or another and they are going to want to see me in my dress...and I want to be seen in it!!! 

Originally Posted by missy&eric2011 View Post

I was talking to some people at work and they kind of gave me the look of "why would you do that" she even went so far as to say that a wedding dress is only meant for one day?!  OBVIOUSLY she has never been married so I figure she may feel different once her day comes.  But I have so many family members that can't go to jamaica for one reason or another and they are going to want to see me in my dress...and I want to be seen in it!!! 

I know!  Most of the people at my AHR aren't going to be in Jamaica, so thats why I am going to wear it again, well not the only reason, the main reason is I feel so pretty in it, hahaha.