Jump to content

Photo

Are you giving gifts or favors to your guests?


  • Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 poohshek

poohshek
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,456 posts

    Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:03 PM

    I am about to attempt a DIY project for wedding favor - Fridge Magnets. Just purchased the materials today and will give it a shot this week.

    Also, we are thinking about printing pictures for our guests as souvenirs once we receive the edited images from the photographers after the wedding.

    #32 mexicana bride

    mexicana bride
    • Jr. Member
    • 165 posts

      Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:03 PM

      Good Luck on the fridge magnets!!!

      #33 Mello78

      Mello78
      • Newbie
      • 77 posts

        Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:11 AM

        I am not sure either what to give as wedding favors, what I might do is wait until we have our wedding reception back home to give them out. We are flying with Sky Service and our luggage weight is very limited

        #34 ajlbuaxo

        ajlbuaxo
        • Jr. Member
        • 175 posts

          Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:13 PM

          we are doing OOT bags as well so I hadnt even thought about favors, maybe we can do the rum as well, not sure if my mom will like that though, shes not a drinker...oh well

          #35 AnnaC

          AnnaC
          • Newbie
          • 91 posts

            Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:22 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Mello78
            I am not sure either what to give as wedding favors, what I might do is wait until we have our wedding reception back home to give them out. We are flying with Sky Service and our luggage weight is very limited
            If you have some people coming for the weekend on Air Canada maybe you can send some stuff with them? We have a few people coming from Wednesday/Thursday to Sunday thinking of sending stuff with them.

            #36 torywedd

            torywedd
            • Jr. Member
            • 169 posts

              Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:23 AM

              at first i was going to do welcolme bags (i think they are referred to as OOT bags, and what is a OOT bag?) and wedding favors......but now i am not sure, it can add up to be really costly......should i do both or just one.......arrrrrr so much 2 think abot

              #37 torywedd

              torywedd
              • Jr. Member
              • 169 posts

                Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:27 AM

                also, what do your guys think about shipping your wedding favors/welcome bags/centerpieces/etc. to the resort before u leave your city, therefore they are there when you arrive at the resort.......has anyone done this before?? trying to make my luggage as light as possible at the airport

                #38 hockeymom97

                hockeymom97
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,458 posts

                  Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:16 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by torywedd
                  at first i was going to do welcolme bags (i think they are referred to as OOT bags, and what is a OOT bag?) and wedding favors......but now i am not sure, it can add up to be really costly......should i do both or just one.......arrrrrr so much 2 think abot
                  OOT = Out Of Town

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by torywedd
                  also, what do your guys think about shipping your wedding favors/welcome bags/centerpieces/etc. to the resort before u leave your city, therefore they are there when you arrive at the resort.......has anyone done this before?? trying to make my luggage as light as possible at the airport
                  I think shipping stuff down ahead of time if a great idea, but I still need to check with our resort if this is a possibility. From what I have read on here so far, some brides have done this with no issues, but other brides have posted that their resort didn't allow it. So I guess my suggesstion would be to check with your resort and see what their policy is on this.
                  Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

                  #39 Perplexy

                  Perplexy
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 207 posts

                    Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:54 AM

                    We're not doing OOT bags, since I'm pretty sure we won't know any final numbers of guests until we count them on the plane!

                    When we get back from the wedding, the FI and I want to frame individual pictures of each guest and us in a hollow frame that we can fill with sand and shells from the beach we were on.

                    We need to do a bit of preplanning here, to make sure that we get a picture with each and every guest on our wedding day, and we'll print out the picture, frame it, then mail it to the guests with the thank you cards after the wedding.

                    The only snag I've come accross is where to find these frames that I can fill with sand!
                    http://tickers.Ticke....4a37/event.png


                    ~Stay positive and love your life!~

                    #40 hockeymom97

                    hockeymom97
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,458 posts

                      Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:23 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Perplexy
                      We're not doing OOT bags, since I'm pretty sure we won't know any final numbers of guests until we count them on the plane!

                      When we get back from the wedding, the FI and I want to frame individual pictures of each guest and us in a hollow frame that we can fill with sand and shells from the beach we were on.

                      We need to do a bit of preplanning here, to make sure that we get a picture with each and every guest on our wedding day, and we'll print out the picture, frame it, then mail it to the guests with the thank you cards after the wedding.

                      The only snag I've come accross is where to find these frames that I can fill with sand!
                      If you are able to get a pic with each guest, I think this is a fabulous idea!! It's very personal and shows them that you actually put some thought into it, instead of just buying some random favor. I love it!

                      Let us know if you find the picture frames - I'd love to "borrow" this idea :)
                      Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users