Photo

Are you giving gifts or favors to your guests?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 julloy

julloy
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

I don't know if I should go to the trouble of wedding favors. Do you still do them for destination weddings? If so, any ideas?

Thanks!
    Julie

#2 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
    • 438 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:37 AM

We're actually considering doing small photo albums for our favors. We know that people will have a ton of pictures from the wedding AND their trip, so this way it will be something they can actually use.
      *Katie*

#3 Jen2113

Jen2113
      • 34 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:08 AM

I'm thinking of doing drink coasters that you can put photos in

#4 jojo194

jojo194
        • 205 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:16 AM

A lot of people do out of town bags for destination weddings (also seen on this forum as OOT) with all kinds of items...cups, koozies, medicine, shirts, etc. I am thinking about doing something similar for my wedding, but haven't completely decided on the contents yet (it is also easy to go over your budget trying to do these if you have a large party). Good luck with your decisions. There may be a lot of information on the OOT thread and even the planning threads include a lot of information about what people give to guests. Good luck!

#5 *Karla*

*Karla*
          • 4,854 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:22 PM

I am doing OOT bags for those staying at the hotel with us. My wedding favors will be 200ml bottles of Appleton rum used as place cards.

#6 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
            • 547 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:11 PM

I've been so busy thinking about Welcome Bags I hadn't thought about favors!! If you do bags, then maybe you don't need to do favors!! AACK everyday I have new questions!!!
              *~*JENN*~*

#7 Sheree10

Sheree10
              • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:20 PM

so much to think about. Initially I didn't want to do OOT bags but I think I'll do something small. As far as favors... maybe you can do something unique to Jamaica. A small bottle of rum/rum punch tied with a favor tag... jamaican blue mountain coffee... small craft.

Other options for general DW... passport holders, luggage tags, beach picture frames.

Just don't drive your self crazy... keep it simple.
                http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#8 Danielle77

Danielle77
                • 200 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:29 PM

I am doing OOT bags for my gift so I don't think I will do a favor in Mexico but I am thinking about getting favors for my AHR.
                  My only concern right now is how am I going to get all of my OOT bag stuff to the resort :S

#9 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
                  • 2,458 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:47 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Danielle77
                    I am doing OOT bags for my gift so I don't think I will do a favor in Mexico but I am thinking about getting favors for my AHR.
                    I think we are doing the same thing. We are doing OOT bags and we're going to be including a nice insulated travel mug as a part of the OOT bag along with other goodies, so I think that will kind of replace the favor for the DW. The insulated mugs I've been looking at aren't exactly inexpensive. But then we'll do favors for our AHR.
                    Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#10 jk1101

jk1101
                    • 2,582 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

I'm planning to do the OOT bags with some things in them - I think that counts as the favors in a DW. There's only so much stuff you can take with you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users