I wish I knew who to thank for all the inspiration, but it's really a conglomeration of so many people. I can't even remember whose blank template I used (so sorry!!) Here are my pics:
STD in sleeve:
I did 3 different sleeves. I only did this because I went to 4 different Michaels to try to get enough of the paper I liked, but there wasn't quite enough. The one I liked best is the green with texture. The other two are shiny, one is blue and the other is green. I did like the shiny ones, just not quite as much. Here are all 3 together:
Each page of the BP laid out:
and I tore along the perforations on this last one to show the perforation:
Hot glued together:
A sleeve by itself:
The envelopes I mailed them in:
The piece of equipment that made it all possible:
This is the Fiskar's Rotary trimmer (and scorer and perforater). Anyone thinking about doing these STDs at home, I HIGHLY recommend investing in one of these. I paid about $45 for it, but it made the job so easy, and i think they came out very well. And I'm quite sure I will end up using this again. I also used a corner punch and a hot glue gun.
I am including the .pdf file to show what the fonts looked like. I'm including the .doc file for anyone who wants to use it. You can change the colors and images just by playing around with it for a little while. The fonts I used are: Scriptina and Tropicana BV. The rest should come standard with your word program.
Also, I had these printed at Staples. I sent test prints to Staples, Kinkos, and Office Depot and liked the way they came out at Staples best. Definitely buy your own paper (I used 110 lb cardstock) for the printers to use. They would have charged me $80 extra if they used their paper. I actually bought my paper at Staples ($7.99 I think, with a coupon). It was the exact same paper they would have charged me 80 bucks for! How silly!