Photo

Question for anyone doing the legal part at home

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#71 c and m

c and m
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:35 AM

We are secretly getting married here first. I think we are going to use a wedding commissioner in whistler and do it on the mountain somewhere with a couple friends who don't really know any of our other friends and won't be in Mexico as witnesses

#72 lalanyc

lalanyc
    • 363 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:29 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Meyer2010
      Congrats! I think we are going to do the same thing with my Grandmother. She isn't able to travel to Mexico so we will take her with us to the City Hall. We are going to surprise her and pretend we are going to lunch! I can't wait!! :)

I love this idea!!! It's so sweet! Let us know how it goes!

#73 hat0112

hat0112
      • 1,219 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:03 PM

We are gettting married before we go away. I don't know if we are going to have our parents there or not, but we don't plan on telling anyone else about it.
        Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#74 tammikins

tammikins
        • 71 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:08 PM

wow,
          I started this thread a few months ago and didn't really expect to get so many replies. Well, I'm doing the "legal part" TOMORROW!!!! AAAAAA!!!! We're just doing it at the marriage commissioner's house. Its an old victorian place and she is having us stay for champagne and a little celebration after. Then we're going out for dinner at a fancy resaurant on a mountain. It was supposed to be a secret, but now literally EVERYONE knows, but they're all pretending like they don't know, and they all feel special because they think they are the only ones who know. Only my immediate family is going to be there - FI's fam lives in another province. Yaaay! Today is my last day of not being married!

#75 daniepps

daniepps
          • 304 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 12:00 PM

[QUOTE=tammikins;1099254]wow,
            I started this thread a few months ago and didn't really expect to get so many replies. Well, I'm doing the "legal part" TOMORROW!!!! AAAAAA!!!! We're just doing it at the marriage commissioner's house. Its an old victorian place and she is having us stay for champagne and a little celebration after. Then we're going out for dinner at a fancy resaurant on a mountain. It was supposed to be a secret, but now literally EVERYONE knows, but they're all pretending like they don't know, and they all feel special because they think they are the only ones who know. Only my immediate family is going to be there - FI's fam lives in another province. Yaaay! Today is my last day of not being married![/QUOT

CONGRATULATIONS!

#76 Sita&Nate

Sita&Nate
            • 349 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:46 PM

Tammikins, Congratulations! Can you tell me who that marriage commissioner is? We will also do a legal thing before getting married in Mexico. I would love to know who's "good" in the marriage commissioner world in VancouveR!

#77 tammikins

tammikins
              • 71 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:35 PM

Sita,
                I sent you a PM :)

#78 Lite

Lite
                • 96 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

This is a tough decision. I know FI's grandparents won't be coming. They are in their 80's and im sure won't/can't travel. It would be nice to have them see us married. But i don't want everyone else commenting on the "well you're already techincally married" thing.

#79 Amymarie

Amymarie
                  • 180 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

We will be secretly getting married before but my family has been quite suspicious of this. It is driving me nuts haha

#80 echo2_62

echo2_62
                    • 1,049 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:55 PM

haha we've been having a little trouble dodging questions about the wedding lately because NONE of our family knows that we're doing the legal stuff ahead of time and FI's brother did a DW a few years ago so they know all about needing bloodwork and getting papers translated etc. I feel bad that FI's mom keeps checking if we've got our appointment booked for the blood test and when and where (she thnks she needs to know all the details on our behalf!!!!) and all I can say is "yep, we've got everything taken care of" because I don't know how else to avoid more questions from her! LOL!

People will probably find out some time down the road but I don't think they'll mind too much because the one thing his brother & SIL have always said was that the only part they'd have done differently is to skip out on the hassle of bloodwork and translations...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users