Heels on the beach...

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 NJ Hunnie

NJ Hunnie
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:28 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married on the beach and they will be putting down a runner. I am very short and fiancee is tall so I have to wear something that will give me some height. I am not crazy about wedges. Has anyone wore heels on their beach weddings?

#2 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:50 PM

Im thinking it is not going to work out so well IMO. and you dont want to be falling down the aisle..the sand is not forgiving for heels.

#3 lolosmama

• 232 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:53 PM

I'm curious about this too...I want to wear heels for part of the night, but I'm not sure if they'll work on the beach. It also makes it tough for knowing how to have my dress length altered!

#4 ~Jessica~

• Banned
        • 3,479 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

I would think you would sink unless the runner is very strong. Does your resort have a gazebo you could get married at instead??

#5 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

I wouldn't do it...it would have to be a very hard runner which usually doesn't exist. Is your reception on the sand also? If so I would go wedges if you need the height.

#6 scrouse

• 185 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:29 PM

I'm not a huge fan of wedges either, but I had to cave and get a pair. My wedding coordinator strongly recommended staying away from heels. I'm pretty short as well, and wanted some height, so the wedges work perfectly. I figure they'll be hidden under my dress...plus they're super-comfy, and no worries about twisting my ankle with stilettos!!

On the otherhand, I've noticed that a lot of girls wear heels and don't seem to have a problem...

#7 Sheree10

• 1,026 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

another decision that I have to make too. It won't be easy walking in heels even on a runner but like scrouse said there are brides who stick with the heels. If you wear the heels definately bring a pair of low/dancing shoes with you.

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#8 AJandNate2010

• 58 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:11 PM

I really don't think the heels will work. You will definitely sink into the sand. I purchased 2 pairs of wedge sandals from Victoria's Secret. My fiance is a foot taller than me so I want to bridge the gap a little if I can. I am also bringing a pair of stiletto heals for the party since it will not be held on the beach. Nothing wrong with bringing more than one pair :)

Final guest count... 63 adults and 10 kids!!

#9 kpuckrin

• 258 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

What about laying down some sort of hard survace underneath the runner? I'm thinking some sort of matting that would make the walk down the aisle a little more stable...just a thought.

#10 NJ Hunnie

NJ Hunnie
                    • 436 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for all your help ladies, I just might have to fold and get the wedges just for the ceremony... then I will pull out my pumps for pictures and the reception.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users