Photo

Is this dress appropriate for a Cancun weddning?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#11 ~Debra~

~Debra~
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:19 PM

I think its a fabulous dress! If you love it I say get it.

#12 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
    • 653 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:27 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE that dress! Reminds me of a more glamorous version of mine! :)

Do what feels right to you! I think that dress would be perfect for the sky deck and terrace reception.

#13 H&F

H&F
      • 361 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:48 PM

I LOVE it! The back kind-of looks like waves to me and the detail and uniqueness is so cool! I say go for it!

#14 tdmitchell

tdmitchell
        • 719 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

The dress in stunning! Go for it! Like the other girls said it doesn't matter the location, all that matters is that you LOVE the dress and you look beautiful on your day!

#15 shellk

shellk
          • 1,784 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:54 PM

i think its gorgeous.if you are not on the beach i think its fine.even if you are on the beach if thats what you want go for it

#16 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
            • 3,103 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:00 PM

Thank you ladies! That's what I said to my mom, "can't I just wear what I want?" hee hee it's always best to check with all the other destination brides first!

Amy - I'd love to see your dress! Funny that we have the same name and similar style!

#17 Sheeoni

Sheeoni
              • 68 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:11 PM

I'm going to echo what everyone else said here. If you love it, it's your day, you should wear what you feel beautiful in. I think your mom/friends are just concerned about you going in the sand with it, that would be my only concern. The dress is absolutely stunning, however, and I'd wear it in the sand, in the sea, skydiving, rock climbing, shoe shopping... lol anywhere you feel like it!

#18 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

It's beautiful and very mermaid-ish, so it's def appropriate for a beach wedding!

(I think you should wear whatever makes you the happiest bride, no matter where you get married.)

#19 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
                  • Banned
                  • 3,479 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:18 PM

I think it is absolutely stunning! And there really is no "dress style" for a destination wedding. I say if you love it go for it. Especially since you won't be on the sand and will on the sky deck, I think it would work out just fine!

#20 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                    • 2,233 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:22 PM

that is an amazing dress. I think anything goes for a beach wedding in my opinion and if you feel beautiful in it then go for it
                      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users