Photo

RIU Ochi- What to do after dinner?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jen2113

Jen2113
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:00 AM

I'm just looking for some opinions on what everyone is doing after dinner. Pacha disco opens 9pm- do you direct your guests there or rent out the Seagrape or another bar and get a DJ? Also, does anyone know what it costs to rent out one of those bars?

#2 btn1091

btn1091
    • 180 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:32 AM

Very good post!! I am eager to hear the replies on this one!!

#3 kdnicholer21

kdnicholer21
      • Banned
      • 51 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:33 PM

The disco hall is $150 per hour I believe. I guess it depends on the party size, I think I am only having like 20 people so there is no reason for me to spend so much money on rending the disco hall. We will have the dinner and call it a day.

#4 Jen2113

Jen2113
        • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:52 PM

yes- me too- I only have 20-25 people. I was just thinking after dinner, we are going to want to get our drink on! I am just trying to save money and dont want to pay extra... so maybe we just go to one of the bars

#5 ShelbyFL

ShelbyFL
          • 211 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:59 PM

I have about 20 people and totally don't know what to do either. I am trying to find out what is going on at the resort when we are there... I guess I will e-mail the WC. They have a beach party on Sat nights I think...
            We're having 4pm wedding...then photos - not sure if I'll do "cocktail hour" with food & all - - or just get drinks from the bar for free before dinner... Then dinner - - and then? I was considering poolside reception, but the $$$...is it worth it for 20 people or will we have just as good a time at one of the bars. The only part of the "traditional" reception we wanted was a "first dance" and not sure how we will do that...

So many decisions!! :-)

Hugs!

#6 erin2426

erin2426
            • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:26 PM

we have 10 other people ith us so we are jsut going ot have the ceremony- pics then have drinks til lthe meal at 6.30 -hopefully as the ceremony is at 3 we wont have to omuch time ot kill after the photograhgs have bene taken

#7 erin2426

erin2426
              • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:27 PM

why do i have Lurker under my name- is this because i have been reading the posts and not posting ....

#8 ShelbyFL

ShelbyFL
                • 211 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:04 PM

LOL You have "Noob" now Erin... Yes, it has to do with how many times you've posted...

#9 Jen2113

Jen2113
                  • 34 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:28 PM

sounds like everyone is in the same boat... maybe 1st dance at the cocktail reception after the ceremony? I have 4pm ceremony and so I figure 2 hrs of cocktails.... i guess we'll see. I too dont see the point of paying for a private reception for just 20 people

#10 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                    • 2,233 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:57 AM

I am in the same boat as you all. This is what I plan on doing. My ceremony is at 4p.m. after the ceremony I am going to have a hors'd'ouvers on the beach for my guest while pics are being taken. After the 6:30 dinner, I plan on just wandering over to one of the bars and hopefully the disco will not be rented out, then for those that what they can meet us in the disco. The whole idea for me and a destination wedding was to keep the costs down
                      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users