Photo

visa to visit Mexico from Canada ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 godaloveme

godaloveme
  • 282 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

Any one here any thing about Canadians having to have a visa to visit Mexico after Oct 19 2009 ?
    one of my guest just messaged me all freaked out?
    just wondering if any of the TA's knew if this was true or not?

#2 *Lo*

*Lo*
    • 2,993 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:06 PM

I believe it's just for Canadian diplomats and officials. They are retaliating because Canada imposed the requirement on Mexicans travelling to Canada.

#3 godaloveme

godaloveme
      • 282 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:33 PM

OK good thats about the gist I was geting from ready the embassy site but wanted to make sure !!!
        thanks for responding
        I can breath now lol

#4 ashey063009

ashey063009
        • 604 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:07 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by gossip girl
          I believe it's just for Canadian diplomats and officials. They are retaliating because Canada imposed the requirement on Mexicans travelling to Canada.
          I heard the same. I'm not certain the visa expectations will ever apply to tourists-- the industry is faaaaar to valuable for them to risk deterring recreational travel.

#5 Joss

Joss
          • 188 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:55 PM

Well, yes and no. It depends on how you're travelling:

"Entry requirements for Canadians: Canadian passport holders must have a passport, or a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license, as well as proof of citizenship, such as an original or certified birth certificate. A visa is not required for stays of up to 180 days if in possession of a Tourist Card/FMT form issued free of charge by airlines. Business travellers do not require a visa for up to 30 days if holding a FMTTV form. Travellers are required to have the necessary documents for further travel, and sufficient funds."

Mexico Visa and Passport entry requirements, Mexico Travel Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users